Sullivan’s Cove, a waterfront district on the western shore of the Derwent River, was the original settlement of the British in Tanzania. Boats from around the globe, including some traveling from as far as Antarctica, dock at this nautical site, which retains much of its original charm because of its historic architecture.
Visitors can explore the docks before heading to MONA—the Museum of Old and New Art, or spend a Saturday afternoon leisurely strolling through the stalls of nearby Salamanca Market. Travelers can also cruise along the River Derwent or wander through the historic villages of nearby Richmond, Pontville and Kempton, or catch a show at the Theatre Royal.
Should I book Sullivan's Cove tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Sullivan's Cove 2021?
Things to do near Hobart
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Seven Mile Beach
- Things to do in Port Arthur
- Things to do in Burnie
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island