In the Tasmanian capital of Hobart, hip locals head to North Hobart and its main strip, Elizabeth Street, to visit its restaurants and coffee shops, bohemian bars, boutiques, bakeries and live music venues. A real “eat street,” Elizabeth Street cuisine ranges from Turkish to Spanish tapas, Indian to modern Australian. It’s also popular to visit North Hobart’s delis which sell local Tasmanian produce. With plenty of atmosphere day or night, on 375 Elizabeth Street the independent State Cinema is an institution that’s over 100 years old. Inside there’s a curated bookstore, rooftop cinema, and coffee shop.
A good spot for brunching and people watching, from North Hobart there are great views of downtown with Mount Wellington towering over the city. Wander the back streets off Elizabeth Street to check out the old Hobart homes, and to check out the street art and murals along Tony Haigh Walk.
Tours and tickets to Experience North Hobart
Should I book North Hobart tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit North Hobart 2021?
What's the best way to experience North Hobart ?
Things to do near Hobart
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Seven Mile Beach
- Things to do in Port Arthur
- Things to do in Burnie
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island