Within the Can Gio Mangrove Reserve, the Vam Sat mangrove forest and salt marsh ecological tourist site is located within a section of forest between the Vam Sat and Long Tau Rivers. Destroyed during the Vietnam War, it's now regrown and protected as a wilderness park. Visitors here can explore Bat Swamp to fish for crab or spot for flying foxes hanging from the tree branches, and there’s a crocodile farm where you can take a boat tour and toss fish treats to the hungry reptiles. A 50-foot-tall wildlife observation tower offers a great vantage point for birdwatching or taking panoramic pictures of the marsh wilderness, and at Monkey Island you can stroll island trails among thousands of monkeys.
Should I book Vam Sat tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Vam Sat 2021?
What's the best way to experience Vam Sat?
Things to do near Ho Chi Minh City
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Vung Tau
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Phu Quoc
- Things to do in Nha Trang
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Battambang
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Hoi An
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Central Vietnam