Diamante Eco Adventure Park
Multiple tours and activity passes allow you the flexibility to pick and choose what you want to do. The star attraction is the park’s zipline course, but there’s also an animal sanctuary, home to native wildlife such as crocodiles, monkeys, and sloths. Or, stroll around the botanical garden while enjoying interactive experiences with sugarcane, coffee, and chocolate. If snorkeling, sea kayaking, or paddleboarding is on the itinerary, head for the park’s private beach.
Recent reviews from experiences in Guanacaste and Northwest
Things to Know Before You Go
Some tours have age and weight restrictions.
Lockers are available at the welcome center.
Wear comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes suitable for outdoor activities.
The park has two places to eat: a buffet at the welcome center and an oceanview restaurant by the beach.
Free shuttle buses run among the different attractions within the park.
How to Get There
Located along the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, the adventure park is about a 30-minute drive south of Playa Hermosa. Diamante offers pickup and drop-off from selected hotels in the area, while shuttle buses are available from other hotels for a fee—be sure to book in advance.
When to Get There
The park is open daily year-round, and tours run in all but the most extreme weather conditions. The most popular, and therefore busiest, time to visit is during the dry season (December through April), when booking ahead is essential.
Ziplining at the Diamante Eco Adventure Park
Flying through the jungle or soaring over a waterfall on one of Costa Rica’s ziplines is on many a bucket list. Riding Superman-style on Diamante’s zipline (aka The Howler), take in the ocean views as you glide along for nearly a mile (1.6 kilometers). The course also includes a free-fall “quick jump” and a bridge hanging over crocodile-filled waters. It takes around two hours to complete the full course.
- Things to do in Santa Cruz
- Things to do in Playa Flamingo
- Things to do in Tamarindo
- Things to do in Playa Hermosa
- Things to do in Liberia
- Things to do in Sámara
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Central Valley
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in Monteverde
- Things to do in Puntarenas
- Things to do in La Fortuna de San Carlos
- Things to do in Pacific Highlands
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Tamarindo Beach
- Santa Rosa National Park
- Palo Verde National Park
- Llano de Cortés Waterfall
- Rio Negro Hot Springs
- Rincon de la Vieja National Park
- Vida Aventura Nature Park
- Dino Park Blue River
- Las Pumas Rescue Center
- Miravalles Volcano
- Monteverde Butterfly Gardens
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Preserve
- Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge (Refugio Nacional de Vida Silvestre Mixto Caño Negro)
- Baldi Hot Springs
- Eco Termales Fortuna