Pollok House Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Known as “Scotland’s answer to Downton Abbey,” the Pollok House gives a taste of 1930s upstairs/downstairs life. Upstairs, visitors will find period furniture and furnishings, as well as one of the finest collections of Spanish art in the United Kingdom, with Goyas, Murillos and El Grecos all on show. William Blake paintings are also part of the collection. And downstairs is home to the huge servants’ quarters.
Set in Pollok Country Park and said to be one of Scotland’s finest Edwardian country houses, Pollok House was the ancestral home of the Maxwell and Jardine families. The site is a popular spot for a stroll, and visitors can look out for the rhododendrons; there are over 1,000 kinds in the park.
Three miles from downtown Glasgow, Pollok House includes a restaurant serving lunch and afternoon tea, as well as two onsite shops. The country house is open daily year-round (from 10am to 5pm), and entry costs £6.50 for adults. It’s a 15-minute walk from the Country Park entrance to the house.
Address: Pollok Country Park, Glasgow, Scotland
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Pollok House
No results found!
Things to do near Glasgow
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Aberdeen
- Things to do in Londonderry
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Blackpool
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in North East England