Burrell Collection Tours and Activities
Glasgow is justifiably proud of the Burrell Collection, a varied and idiosyncratic collection gifted to the nation by industrialist Sir William Burrell in 1944.
From rare paintings by Degas and Cézanne, to Islamic calligraphy, Roman statues, Renaissance tapestries, stained glass and architectural relics from medieval buildings, a wander around this eclectic collection reveals the extraordinary depth of Sir William’s passion as an avid collector.
You can also see atmospheric rooms re-created from the Burrells' castle home, authentically furnished in the Gothic style Sir William favored. Stop for lunch in the museum’s cafe, or pack a picnic to enjoy in the expansive grounds.
Please note: The Burrell Collection is currently closed for renovation. The reopening is scheduled for spring 2021.
Tours and Activities to Experience Burrell Collection
No results found.How about something else?See all Glasgow tours
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Limerick
- Things to do in Shannon
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in North West England