Port of Savona Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Just an hour’s drive from Genoa, the Port of Savona makes a perfect hub to explore the Italian Riviera’s coastal towns and Mediterranean beaches. The modern cruise-ship port is located in Savona’s historic center, which also makes it an ideal starting point for tours of the city where Columbus once settled.
Costa Cruises uses the Port of Savona as its embarkation point and is a short walk from the center of town. Visitors can choose to spend a day or two in Savona to explore the nearby villages and their beaches or explore the medieval architecture of the historic city center before boarding their cruise ship to other destinations. Savona is in the ideal location to easily access Genova or the nearby French border by train or by car.
Things to Know Before You Go
- There is a small, wheelchair-accessible bridge that connects the port from the city center.
- Travelers with a lot of luggage should consider taking a taxi from the port to the city center and vice versa.
- The port terminal building features an internet cafe, interactive areas with 34 TVs, and a bar and restaurant with panoramic views of the harbor.
How to Get to Savona From the Port of Savona
The Port of Savona is easily accessible from the city center and from other cities in northern Italy. Visitors can take regional trains from Milan, Turin, Venice, Rome, and Genoa, generally with a connection in Genoa Principe train station. It’s about a 15-minute walk or a short taxi ride from the port to the historic city center.
Most shops and businesses in Italy practice “riposo,” closing in the middle of the day from about 1pm to 4pm, and all day on Sundays and holidays (tourist hubs are the exception). If you’re in Savona during riposo, make plans to either enjoy a stroll around the city or rest in your accommodation.
Address: Via Gramsci,14, Savona, Liguria 17100, Italy
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Port of Savona
No results found!
Things to do near Genoa
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Castelletto di Branduzzo
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Asti
- Things to do in La Spezia
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Parma
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Nice
- Things to do in Cannes
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lombardy
- Things to do in French Riviera