Frankfurt Main Tower
Visitors can take in the views from the rooftop observation deck or enjoy a drink or meal at the Main Tower Restaurant and Lounge. The tower also makes a popular photo stop on city tours and hop-on hop-off bus tours of Frankfurt and can be seen on sightseeing cruises along the Main River.
Things to Know Before You Go
Discounted entry is available for Frankfurt Card holders.
Free Wi-Fi is available on-site.
Large items, backpacks, and strollers are prohibited inside the tower.
The Main Tower is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
The Main Tower is located in Frankfurt’s financial district, and it’s hard to miss. It’s only a 10-minute walk from the main train station (Hauptbahnhof), but the closest public transit stops are the Taunusanlage S-Bahn station and Willy-Brandt-Platz U-Bahn station.
When to Get There
For the best views, head to the Frankfurt Main Tower to watch the sunset over the city, but prepare for a crowd. From March to October, the observation deck stays open until 11pm on Friday and Saturday nights, affording a fantastic view of the illuminated city.
About the Tower
Built in 1999 by architects Schweger and Partner, the Main Tower features two buildings—a rectangular office block and a cylindrical communications tower topped with a 131-foot-high (40-meter-high) transmitter. Behind the tower’s glittering blue glass facade are the offices of Landesbank of Hesse and Thuringia, Merrill Lynch, and other multinational companies.
- Things to do in Strasbourg
- Things to do in Nuremberg
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Basel
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Alsace
- Things to do in Bavaria
- Things to do in South Holland
- Old Opera House (Alte Oper)
- Goethe House & Museum (Goethehaus)
- St. Paul's Church (Paulskirche)
- Römerberg Square
- Frankfurt City Hall (Romer)
- Frankfurt Cathedral (Frankfurter Dom)
- German Film Museum (Deutsches Filmmuseum)
- Frankfurt (Main) Hauptbahnhof
- Iron Bridge (Eiserner Steg)
- Städel Museum (Städelsches Kunstinstitut und Städtische Galerie)
- Old Sachsenhausen
- Senckenberg Natural History Museum (Naturmuseum Senckenberg)
- Botanical Garden Frankfurt (Palmengarten)