From a fairy-tale palace towering over the Rhine River to one of Germany’s oldest forts, there are a number of impressive medieval castles to explore outside Frankfurt and they each make for a great day trip destination. Here are a few of the best.
Frankfurt (Main) Hauptbahnhof
Am Hauptbahnhof, Frankfurt , Germany
Am Hauptbahnhof, 60329 Frankfurt am Main. The city’s historic heart is a 10-minute walk away along the River Main.
Personal wine tours in the heart of Germany from Frankfurt region - Mainz
$344.51 per adult
Carl was a wonderful tour guide, we met great friends, drank great wine and enjoyed the lovely countryside.
Sandra_M, Jun 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Frankfurt (Main) Hauptbahnhof?
Attractions near Frankfurt (Main) Hauptbahnhof:
What else should I know about attractions in Frankfurt?
- Städel Museum (Städelsches Kunstinstitut und Städtische Galerie)
- Frankfurt Main Tower
- German Film Museum (Deutsches Filmmuseum)
- Old Opera House (Alte Oper)
- Goethe House & Museum (Goethehaus)
- St. Paul's Church (Paulskirche)
- Frankfurt Cathedral (Frankfurter Dom)
- Senckenberg Natural History Museum (Naturmuseum Senckenberg)
- Römerberg Square
- Frankfurt City Hall (Romer)
- Iron Bridge (Eiserner Steg)
- Bockenheimer Warte
- Palm Garden (Palmengarten)