From a fairy-tale palace towering over the Rhine River to one of Germany’s oldest forts, there are a number of impressive medieval castles to explore outside Frankfurt and they each make for a great day trip destination. Here are a few of the best.
In what is possibly one of the world’s most interesting subway entrances, a streetcar appears to burst through the sidewalk from underground at the Bockenheimer Warte. Bockenheimer Warte is a part of the neighborhood of Bockenheim, which is a residential area that is worth visiting to get an impression of where locals go for grocery shopping, haircuts, and the like. Bockenheimer Warte is a five-minute walk from the Palmengarten, one of Frankfurt’s two large botanical gardens, and the Senckenberg Museum (Germany’s second-largest natural history museum) is quite close as well.
The lively Leipziger Straße, full of shops and places to eat, also begins at the Bockenheimer Warte. This creative metro entrance is one of the best photo opportunities in Frankfurt and is certainly worth stopping by if you have a few minutes to spare, especially if you are already in the area to visit the natural history museum or the botanical garden.
Bockenheimer Landstrasse, Bockenheim, Frankfurt, 60325
Bockenheimer Warte is served by the U4,U6, and U7 metro lines and is a 15-minute walk from downtown Frankfurt. The area has plenty of great shopping and cafes, and is close to the university, the natural history museum, and the botanical garden.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Bockenheimer Warte?
Attractions near Bockenheimer Warte:
What else should I know about attractions in Frankfurt?
- Things to do in Strasbourg
- Things to do in Nuremberg
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Basel
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Alsace
- Things to do in Bavaria
- Things to do in South Holland
- Senckenberg Natural History Museum (Naturmuseum Senckenberg)
- Palm Garden (Palmengarten)
- Old Opera House (Alte Oper)
- Frankfurt Main Tower
- Frankfurt (Main) Hauptbahnhof
- Goethe House & Museum (Goethehaus)
- St. Paul's Church (Paulskirche)
- Frankfurt City Hall (Romer)
- Römerberg Square
- Frankfurt Cathedral (Frankfurter Dom)
- Städel Museum (Städelsches Kunstinstitut und Städtische Galerie)
- German Film Museum (Deutsches Filmmuseum)
- Iron Bridge (Eiserner Steg)