IMAG History and Science Center
Visit the IMAG History and Science Center and explore its more than 60 interactive exhibits covering topics such as watersheds, astronomy, aviation, local history, and Florida flora and fauna. A general admission ticket grants access to all of the above, as well as animal encounter shows, the 3D theater, touch tank experiences, and a pair of virtual reality exhibits. Before you leave, pick up a souvenir or educational toy at the on-site museum.
Things to Know Before You Go
The IMAG History and Science Center is a hit with families.
Book your admission ticket ahead of time to skip the line at the ticket window.
The museum is fully ADA-compliant, and wheelchair parking is available.
How to Get There
The IMAG History and Science Center is in the River District in downtown Fort Myers, within easy walking distance of several other notable attractions. Parking is free.
When to Get There
The IMAG History and Science Center is open from Tuesday to Sunday throughout the year, with the exceptions of Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and Easter Sunday. The center makes an excellent rainy day activity or air-conditioned escape on a hot afternoon in Fort Myers.
Best Fort Myers Museums
Fort Myers is home to several museums that are worth a visit, including the IMAG History and Science Center. Those with an interest in history and Thomas Edison shouldn’t miss Edison and Ford Winter Estates, while art lovers will want to stop at Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center to see concerts and art exhibitions. Other options include the Railroad Museum of South Florida and the Southwest Florida Military Museum.
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Key West
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Southwest Florida Museum of History
- Burroughs Home & Gardens
- Edison and Ford Winter Estates
- Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium
- Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve
- Manatee Park
- Lakes Park
- Zoomers Amusement Park
- Fort Myers Beach
- Sanibel Island
- J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge
- Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve