Top Activities on the Ground in Edinburgh
40 results | All Edinburgh Tours
* A traveler said: "William was an excellent guide with vast knowledge about the history of this amazing city. His little antidotes had us in stitches Excellent tour"
* A traveler said: "Excellent guide. Very knowledgeable about the history of Scotland. I found this tour very interesting."
* A traveler said: "This tour is a different experience, you get to explore the city of Edinburgh and mostly the outskirts via the defined cycle routes. Tour being a guided one helps you further with understanding history of the places you will visit and how things have evolved over time to tea h a point as you see right now"
* A traveler said: "Aussie David was an excellent guide and story teller, 10/10. Found out some things you don't hear about on the other tours. Excellent value for money."
* A traveler said: "Interesting with an informative and fun guide. Very enjoyable way to learn more about the city and it's connections."
* A traveler said: "All good great tour guide Nell. Well worth the money. All explained clearly and whilst training someone else. Very professional"
* A traveler said: "This is a great tour made better by our guide Steve who brought the stories alive. Well worth joining the tour."
* A traveler said: "Great tour with a knowledgeable and interesting guide. Lots of social history. Well worth an visit to see another side of Edinburgh."
* A traveler said: "Highly recommend this tour, we had an amazing time. The tour guide (Ben) was highly knowledgeable and the folklore was very interesting."
* A traveler said: "Thanks for an great tour, Julie. We got some history as well as the opportunity to try "Haggis" didn't think I would like it but I did. I thoroughly enjoy this tour and by keeping the tour group numbers low it gave us all the opportunity to interact with our guide and each other."
* A traveler said: "Hazel was great…very knowledgeable, good humor and took us into quiet out-of-the-way places that were just a few paces from the busy street. Well worth it."
* A traveler said: "Brilliant experience, guide was well knowledged with tour and surrounding areas, fully recommend, will be back"
* A traveler said: "Great fun! Chance to explore central Edinburgh and have solve puzzles along the way. Was the perfect way to start our trip to Edinburgh :)"
* A traveler said: "Really enjoyed running through Edinburgh. Tour guide was fantastic, fun, and energetic and so knowledgeable!"
* A traveler said: "Gerry our guide for The Outlander Day Tour was awesome. He was knowledgeable and had the best sense of humor. Spent the day visiting various movie sites in beautiful Scotland. If I could give him a higher rating than excellent I would. Aka Lady of Craigmillar. Gerry will know who this is."
* A traveler said: "Rishi is a very knowledgable guide, which provides lots of information not only related to the hiking route, but also the history of the place. He is very willing to answer all your questions and explain them in a very detail way. Overall, the hiking route is wonderful and just takes only 20mins bus from the city centre. It is a wonderful experience with Rishi in a superb scenic view. You can have a deep understanding on the geology of the hill, the culture and the lifestyle of the local. I highly recommend this awesome trip and you will definitely not regret About it."
* A traveler said: "By far the best thing I have experienced in Edinburgh. I’ve been there so many times but seeing new things on a bike, listening to interesting nuggets and exploring different places/spaces was simply incredible. Leanne, oh my, she’s the best. So caring, so helpful, so reassuring, so amazing. She’s inspired me to get a bike for myself. She’s one of the reasons I’ll go back to Edinburgh too. In terms of the bike- they are top top of the range. It’s super light and the gears are so easy. In terms of the route- it is not uphill or hard. People often think cycling In Edinburgh is painful because of the hills but the route Leanne has literally perfected. It is easy-moderate. If you have padded shorts- take them! Don’t worry too much you can let Leanne know if you need anything. She is super attentive & accommodating so if it’s not going to work she will tweak it. I cannot recommend this trip enough."
* A traveler said: "So I was the only person on the tour, as the rest of them cancelled. But Ricky was fantastic and we went ahead despite me being the only biker and with the bad weather. Ricky is insightful and full of local trivia, and we made a pitstop at this gorgeous and quaint beach cafe. The e-bike was top notch and the trail itself is so stunning, full of beautiful bits of foliage and natural scenery. Easily one of the highlights in Edinburgh!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Fun & Games
- Motor Sports
- Nature and Wildlife
- On the Ground
- Golf Tours & Tee Times
- Motorcycle Tours
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Outback Tours
- Running Tours
- Scavenger Hunts
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Forth Road Bridge
- Edinburgh Cruise Port at Leith
- Newhailes House
- Alnwick Castle
- Scotch Whisky Experience
- Edinburgh Old Town
- Rosslyn Chapel
- Georgian House
- Royal Observatory
- Calton Hill
- Edinburgh Zoo
- John Knox House
- National Museum of Scotland
- Scottish National Gallery
- Royal Scottish Academy
- Camera Obscura and World of Illusions
- Lauriston Castle
- Forth Bridge
- Rosslyn Castle (Roslin Castle)
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Dublin
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Bristol
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in North West England
Day Trips from Edinburgh
- Edinburgh to Loch Lomond
- Edinburgh to Loch Ness
- Edinburgh to England
- Edinburgh to Scotland
- Edinburgh to Glasgow
- Edinburgh to Arthur's Seat
- Edinburgh to Stirling Castle
- Edinburgh to Glencoe (Glen Coe)
- Edinburgh to Melrose Abbey
- Edinburgh to Ben Nevis
- Edinburgh to Inverness
- Edinburgh to Rosslyn Chapel
- Edinburgh to Doune Castle
- Edinburgh to St. Andrew’s Church (The Kirk)
- Edinburgh to Alnwick Castle
- Edinburgh to Fort William
- Edinburgh to Stirling
- Edinburgh to Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Edinburgh to Aberfeldy
- Edinburgh to Forth Bridge