Top Edinburgh Layover Tours
Saved to wishlist!
12 results | All Edinburgh Tours
See the best of medieval yet modern Edinburgh on this walking tour with optional skip-the-line access to Edinburgh Castle. As you walk, listen as your guide shares the history of this formidable city with ancient Roman roots and UNESCO-listed pockets. Explore atmospheric cobbled walkways along the Royal Mile, breeze into Edinburgh Castle to witness royal opulence (if option selected), and pass iconic locations like St. Giles Cathedral, Parliament Square, and John Knox House.
Edinburgh is known for its dark past, and this evening walking tour is the original one to showcase the city's historically sinister and spooky side. Discover the hidden ‘wynds’ (alleys) and closes of the Old Town as you learn their mysteries and horrors; visit the ghost-ridden Greyfriars Kirkyard; and explore the city’s underground vaults to uncover their spirits and secrets. Your tour is led by a creepily costumed guide.
Explore famous landmarks and hidden secrets in Edinburgh on this walking tour. Explore Edinburgh’s famous Royal Mile with a guide, and gain insight into famous writers and inventors who have called the city home. Hear tales of Scotland's national bard—Robert Burns—and discover top landmarks such as St. Giles’ Cathedral and the National Galleries of Scotland. Capture Edinburgh through the eye of your camera as you go, and find out what makes this ancient city tick.
This immersive chocolate-making experience is deal for traveling families or groups, or for rainy days. Create a unique souvenir by making your own Scottish-themed chocolate before heading to the tasting room to sample a wide selection of chocolates from both Scottish and international chocolatiers, including haggis chocolate, chili chocolate, gin chocolate and many more
You’ll bust out of the airport and explore some of Edinburgh with our local host as you wait for your connecting flight. Swap airport food for some fresh market produce, discover a few city sights like Edinburgh Castle or stretch your legs in the beautiful Holyrood Park. Walk down the Royal Mile, passing quaint cafes, museums, and shops and see as much as you can during your layover. Within 24 hours after booking you'll receive a short questionnaire about your personality and interests. Based on your responses, you'll be assigned a like-minded host. Your host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary to help you discover what makes the city unique. You will also agree on a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience, you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Marvel at Scotland’s rural majesty on this 3-day Isle of Skye and Highlands tour from Edinburgh. Admire Loch Lomond and Eilean Donan Castle; and discover the relaxed lifestyle of Skye, with a stroll around the harbor town of Portree and a whisky tasting. Plus, explore Culloden Battlefield to learn of Scotland’s Jacobite Rising; visit Urquhart Castle, and cruise on Loch Ness. Some entry tickets are at your own expense.
Journey through Edinburgh’s grisliest tales on a haunted walking tour. Experience the ghastly histories of monsters, madness, and murder that cast a dark shadow on the capital city. Discover the stories and sites of witch trials, pagan rituals, and executions, and hear about local monsters that live in urban myth. Then visit the chilling Old Calton Burial Ground or Canongate Kirkyard cemetery to learn about body-snatching and some of the infamous interred.
Take a break from the city and head into the Scottish Highlands for a taste of Scotch whiskies often missed by visitors. In addition to navigating, your guide acts as designated driver so that you can fully enjoy the tastings. Between distillery visits, break up the day with a midday stop to explore Aberfeldy. Round-trip transport from Edinburgh is included for your convenience.
Enhance your experience of Scotland’s spectacular Highlands on a 3-day trip to the Isle of Skye from Edinburgh. Alongside a professional guide, immerse yourself in the windswept landscapes and local legends of the Scottish Highlands as you visit the county of Dunkeld, famed for its association with Shakespeare’s ‘Macbeth’, and Loch Ness, home to the mythical Loch Ness monster. Discover the atmospheric castle ruins and dramatic coastlines of the Isle of Skye and experience traditional Scottish hospitality during two overnight stays in shared accommodation.
Escape the city and see some of Edinburgh’s lesser-known sights on a boat cruise that takes you to Inchcolm Island, home to both a medieval abbey and a colony of sea lions and seals. As well as escaping the crowds on land, you’ll bag the best views of the famous Three Bridges.
Discover the jewels in Scotland’s crown on this 1-day Loch Lomond, Stirling, and Glengoyne Distillery tour from Edinburgh. Listen as a guide sheds light on Scottish history on route from Edinburgh’s Royal Mile to Stirling. Take an optional tour of Stirling Castle. Head to Loch Lomond in the Trossachs National Park and stroll along the shoreline at your leisure. Finish your day with an optional Glengoyne Distillery tour and learn how drams are made.
The Speyside region of north-eastern Scotland is renowned for its single malt whiskies, which are sold all around the world. On this tour, immerse yourself in Scotland’s whisky-making history and heritage as you visit three Speyside distilleries in one day. Visit distilleries such as Macallan, Glenfarclas, Glenfiddich, or Aberlour; learn about the whisky-making process on a guided tour; and sample a selection of different whiskies.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Layover Tours in Edinburgh?
The best Layover Tours in Edinburgh according to Viator travelers are:
What Layover Tours in Edinburgh are taking additional safety precautions?
These Edinburgh experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Layover Tours in Edinburgh are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Edinburgh may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Audio Guides
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Day Trips
- Full-day Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Layover Tours
- Multi-day Tours
- Unique Experiences
- Classes & Workshops
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art Two (Dean Gallery) Tours & Tickets
- Forth Bridge Tours & Tickets
- Lauriston Castle Tours & Tickets
- Nelson Monument Tours & Tickets
- Rosslyn Chapel Tours & Tickets
- Ocean Terminal Tours & Tickets
- National Museum of Scotland Tours & Tickets
- St. Giles Cathedral Tours & Tickets
- Georgian House Tours & Tickets
- Edinburgh Zoo Tours & Tickets
- Edinburgh Cruise Port at Leith Tours & Tickets
- Scotch Whisky Experience Tours & Tickets
- Museum of Edinburgh (Huntly House) Tours & Tickets
- Edinburgh Old Town Tours & Tickets
- Melrose Abbey Tours & Tickets
- Hopetoun House Tours & Tickets
- Real Mary King's Close Tours & Tickets
- Gladstone’s Land Tours & Tickets
- Royal Yacht Britannia (HMY Britannia) Tours & Tickets
- Scottish National Portrait Gallery Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in St. Andrews
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Dublin
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets
Day Trips from Edinburgh
- Edinburgh to Loch Lomond
- Edinburgh to Loch Ness
- Edinburgh to England
- Edinburgh to Scotland
- Edinburgh to Glasgow
- Edinburgh to Arthur's Seat
- Edinburgh to Stirling Castle
- Edinburgh to Glencoe (Glen Coe)
- Edinburgh to Melrose Abbey
- Edinburgh to Ben Nevis
- Edinburgh to Inverness
- Edinburgh to Rosslyn Chapel
- Edinburgh to Doune Castle
- Edinburgh to St. Andrew’s Church (The Kirk)
- Edinburgh to Alnwick Castle
- Edinburgh to Fort William
- Edinburgh to Stirling
- Edinburgh to Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Edinburgh to Aberfeldy
- Edinburgh to Forth Bridge