The atmospheric Royal Mile thoroughfare cuts through the historic core of Scotland’s capital city, Edinburgh, extending for slightly more than a mile from Edinburgh Castle all the way to the Palace of Holyroodhouse. Both sides of the partly pedestrianized street are bordered by historic granite buildings bearing shop display windows piled high with symbols of Scotland, from tartan to whisky to shortbread. In between the former tenements and taverns are darkened arm-width-wide alleyways, known locally as closes.
Tours and tickets to Experience Royal Mile
Edinburgh Old Town Evening Tour, Including Blair Street Underground and Dram of Whisky at Megget's Cellar
Should I book Royal Mile tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Royal Mile 2021?
What's the best way to experience Royal Mile?
- Historical Walking Tour with Optional Skip the Line Entry to Edinburgh Castle
- City Sightseeing Edinburgh Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- The World Famous Underground Ghost Tour
- Edinburgh Darkside Walking Tour: Mysteries, Murder and Legends
Things to do near Edinburgh
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Londonderry
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in North West England