Edinburgh Cruise Port at Leith Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
Large cruise ships dock in the River Forth just northwest of Edinburgh, near South Queensferry, a cobblestoned village with cafés, galleries, and access to the John Muir Way coastal walk. Most visitors venture into Edinburgh’s Old Town for the day to explore the city’s medieval castles, courtyards, and historic sites.
Travelers arriving at the Edinburgh Cruise Port often head into Edinburgh’s Old Town on a full-day shore excursion that includes round-trip transportation and visits to popular attractions like Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile. Some tours also stop by the 15th-century medieval Rosslyn Chapel, located south of the city and made famous by Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code.
Things to Know Before You Go
- City tours require a great deal of walking on cobblestone streets, so good walking shoes are a must.
- The weather can be cool during the summer months, and rain is common, so don’t forget a rain jacket.
- Some Edinburgh tours are accessible to wheelchairs—inquire in advance.
How to Get to Edinburgh From the Edinburgh Cruise Port
South Queensferry has several transportation links to Edinburgh (as well as other top destinations in Scotland). After a ship docks in the River Forth, tenders deliver the passengers to Hawes Pier in South Queensferry. Nonstop bus service is available from Hawes Pier to the Edinburgh city center, and the Dalmeny railway station is about a 10-minute walk from the pier. Guided shore excursions typically pick up and drop off visitors at Hawes Pier.
Cruise ships usually dock at South Queensferry—though smaller ships may dock in Leith. Shore excursions pick up and drop off at both ports. Edinburgh’s currency is the British pound, and ATMs are available in the town of South Queensferry, a short walk from Hawes Pier. English is the main language in Scotland, spoken with a distinct Scottish accent.
Address: Imperial House, Albert Dock, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 7DN, Scotland
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Edinburgh Cruise Port at Leith
No results found!
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Westport
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in North West England