Six Flags Over Texas Tours
Read MoreShow Less
The Arlington outpost of Six Flags Over Texas is home to about 50 rides, with new ones popping up every few years. Here you’ll find something for any age, from gentle Yosemite Sam’s Texas Tea Cups for little ones to Titan, a stomach-churning roller coaster, plus several water rides for cooling off on a hot Texas summer day.
Opened in 1961, this Six Flags location was one of the first in the chain. Today the 212-acre (86-hectacre) park is organized thematically into the flags that formerly flew over this land, such as Texas, Spain, Mexico, and Old South, plus Gotham and Boomtown. Throughout each area of the park, you’ll find rides for small kids, families, and thrill seekers. Six Flags also plans several live entertainment events, including parades, concerts, and holiday festivities.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Several rides have height requirements—either to ride, or to ride alone.
- Strollers, wheelchairs, and electric scooters are available to rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Grab a schedule of daily shows and events to help you plan your day at the park.
- If you want to avoid peak lines, plan to hit your favorite rides when the park first opens.
- There are several on-site dining options. And although you cannot bring in your own food and drinks, there are picnic areas located outside the park.
- There are lockers available for rent on-site.
How to Get There
Six Flags Over Texas is located in Arlington, Texas, 15 miles (24 kilometers) west of Dallas. The amusement park is situated at the intersection of I-30 and TX-360 in between Dallas and Fort Worth. From DFW International Airport, follow TX-360 south about 6 miles (9.7 kilometers) to the North Watson Road exit. Follow signs for Six Flags. Paid parking is available on-site.
When to Get There
In order to avoid long waits for rides, plan your visit during slower periods, such as weekdays during the summer, as well as any non-school-holiday weekdays during April, May, June, and September. Six Flags also offers special holiday programming for Halloween (Fright Fest) and Christmas.
Guinness Record-Holding Swing Carousel
Six Flags Over Texas holds a Guinness World Record for its Texas SkyScreamer, which, at 402 feet (122.8 meters) high, is the tallest swing carousel on Earth. It’s like your average spinning swing ride, except you ascend a huge tower high into the air before whirling around. It’s a lot of fun, and it affords great views of the park.
Address: 2201 Road to Six Flags, Arlington TX 76011, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Six Flags Over Texas
No results found!
Things to do near Dallas
- Things to do in Texas
- Things to do in Houston
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Galveston
- Things to do in Branson
- Things to do in New Orleans
- Things to do in South Padre Island
- Things to do in Monterrey
- Things to do in Orange Beach
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Montgomery
- Things to do in Nashville
- Things to do in Louisiana
- Things to do in Missouri
- Things to do in New Mexico