Free University of the Environment (UNILIVRE) Tours and Activities
Surrounded by the bustling city of Curitiba and set deep in Zaninelli Park sits Free University of the Environment (UNILIVRE), a higher learning institution that offers courses related to the environment and a sustainable world. The school is often visited and admired on walking tours.
Located in what was once an old granite quarry, the area that houses Unilivre has been totally reforested with native vegetation. Strolling along the park’s many paths, visitors will observe various types of native and regional birds that share the area with students.
With a main building that has a 49‐foot‐tall (15‐meter‐tall) wooden tower, the structure’s architecture blends well with the surrounding nature. The huge spiraling stairs that lead to the tower wrap around the entire building and provide views overlooking the natural landscape. There is also an open‐air auditorium on campus and a 24‐foot‐deep (8‐meter‐deep) lake, home to swans, ducks and various types of fish.
Tours and Activities to Experience Free University of the Environment (UNILIVRE)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Oscar Niemeyer Museum (Museu Oscar Niemeyer)
- Curitiba Botanical Garden (Jardim Botanico)
- Curitiba Cathedral (Catedral Basílica Menor Nossa Senhora)
- Wire Opera House (Opera de Arame)
- Aguas Claras Water Park (Parque Aguas Claras)
- Free University of the Environment (UNILIVRE)
- Pope's Woods and Polish Immigration Memorial (Bosque Joao Paulo II)