Santos Andrade Square (Praça Santos Andrade) Tours and Activities
Santos Andrade Square (Praça Santos Andrade) is considered one of Curitiba’s great cultural sites, as it is home to two of the most important attractions in the city: both Brazil’s first university (UFRP) and the Guaira Theatre, an iconic performance house. Often serving as a meeting place for political rallies and demonstrations, the square also hosts local actors who perform near the fountain in the summer and use the surrounding centuries‐old pine trees as props.
Visitors will find that the square is quite large and rarely crowded, even in summer. Many locals spend time relaxing on the wooden benches with a book or just enjoying the scenery. On weekends, stalls sprout up around the square with local artisans selling their crafts. Contrasting with the neo‐classical architecture of the Federal University of Parana (URFP), the square’s Guaira Theatre is a modern construction and serves as the home of Parana’s Symphony Orchestra, Classic Dance School, Puppet Theatre and Curitiba’s Ballet Company.
Tours and Activities to Experience Santos Andrade Square (Praça Santos Andrade)
No results found.How about something else?See all Curitiba tours
- Curitiba Botanical Garden (Jardim Botanico)
- Oscar Niemeyer Museum (Museu Oscar Niemeyer)
- Pope's Woods and Polish Immigration Memorial (Bosque Joao Paulo II)
- Free University of the Environment (UNILIVRE)
- Santos Andrade Square (Praça Santos Andrade)
- Federal University of Paraná (UFPR)
- Tanguá Park (Parque Tanguá)