Passeio Público Tours and Activities
Curitiba’s oldest park, Passeio Publico opened in 1886 with an abundance of natural forest space and many species of small and native vegetation. For a period during the 19th century, it served as Curitiba’s Botanical Gardens, and visitors may still find various species of trees and shrubbery as they stroll the winding trails. The location is considered an ecological sanctuary today, housing a lake with islands, a cave, a suspension bridge and a floating stage. On Saturdays, visitors can also wander an outdoor local organic market or paddle the lake. Bicycles are also available for rent to ride within the park limits.
The city’s zoo is also located here with a fair number of animals, from spiders, reptiles and exotic fish to native birds and small mammals, including the largest group of muriquis (woolly spider monkeys) under captivity today.
Tours and Activities to Experience Passeio Público
- Oscar Niemeyer Museum (Museu Oscar Niemeyer)
- Curitiba Botanical Garden (Jardim Botanico)
- Curitiba Garibaldi Square (Praça Garibaldi)
- Palace of Liberty Cultural Center (Paco da Liberdade Cultural Centre)
- Arena da Baixada
- Curitiba Cathedral (Catedral Basílica Menor Nossa Senhora)
- Wire Opera House (Opera de Arame)
- Passeio Público