Palace of Liberty Cultural Center (Paco da Liberdade Cultural Centre) Tours and Activities
Once Curitiba’s City Hall, the Palace of Liberty is today a multi-functional cultural center hosting conferences, lectures and exhibitions with its movie theater, sound studio and electronic art lab. Built in the beginning of the 20th century to house the local government, it has an eclectic construction style. After the city’s government was transferred in 1969, the building was used as a museum, and later, restored as the cultural center it is today.
Visitors can wander through the site, passing between the two statues of Hercules holding up the archway to explore the building’s four stories. Wooden art nouveau carvings can be seen throughout the building, and large windows open up out onto the square. On the third floor, elaborate painted ceilings have many visitors looking up. The building is said to have been the first in Curitiba to hold an elevator, brought directly from Europe. The elevator is no longer in operation but has been preserved for people to see.
Tours and Activities to Experience Palace of Liberty Cultural Center (Paco da Liberdade Cultural Centre)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Curitiba City Tour
- Historic City Tour in Curitiba with Jens Tours
- Private City Tour - Top Postcards from Curitiba by Pinheiro Turismo
- Arte Bike Tour - Bike Tour with Kuritbike
- Oscar Niemeyer Museum (Museu Oscar Niemeyer)
- Curitiba Botanical Garden (Jardim Botanico)
- Palace of Liberty Cultural Center (Paco da Liberdade Cultural Centre)
- Curitiba Garibaldi Square (Praça Garibaldi)
- Arena da Baixada
- Curitiba Cathedral (Catedral Basílica Menor Nossa Senhora)
- Wire Opera House (Opera de Arame)