Federal University of Paraná (UFPR) Tours and Activities
The Federal University of Paraná (UFPR) is the oldest educational institution in Brazil, dating back to 1912. Mainly made up of a single 17,000-square-meter neo-classical building, the school occupies an entire block of Curitiba’s town center on one end of Praça Santos Andrade. What started out as a private institution in the early 1900s became a federal, tuition-free university in 1950. The university has since incorporated several buildings throughout Curitiba to house its students and classes, while also having units in the cities of Palotina and Matinhos.
The university is one of Curitiba's most photographed buildings come nightfall thanks to its lighting and grand appearance. Visitors are warned, however, that Santos Andrade Square is not the safest area to explore alone on foot at night.
Tours and Activities to Experience Federal University of Paraná (UFPR)
No results found.How about something else?See all Curitiba tours
Frequently Asked Questions
- Curitiba Botanical Garden (Jardim Botanico)
- Oscar Niemeyer Museum (Museu Oscar Niemeyer)
- Arena da Baixada
- Curitiba Garibaldi Square (Praça Garibaldi)
- Palace of Liberty Cultural Center (Paco da Liberdade Cultural Centre)
- Pope's Woods and Polish Immigration Memorial (Bosque Joao Paulo II)
- Free University of the Environment (UNILIVRE)
- Federal University of Paraná (UFPR)