Read MoreShow Less
Extending from the foothills of Sierra de Mijas Mountains to Spain’s Costa del Sol, Benalmádena is a town in three parts. The whitewashed mountainside pueblo offers a glimpse into old Andalusia, while Benalmádena Costa features sunny beaches and a lively nightlife. Arroyo de la Miel comprises the residential area in between.
Benalmádena is the quirkier twin of nearby Torremolinos, with Benalmádena attractions ranging from a Gaudí-esque marina to a giant Buddhist stupa. The town serves as a popular beach escape from much of southern Spain. Those who wish to sightsee between beach sessions can board the hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus, which includes stops at Malapesquera Beach, Bil-Bil Castle, Puerto Marina, Parque de la Paloma, and Tivoli World Park.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Benalmádena is a great choice for beach lovers, families, and night owls.
- Don’t forget to pack a swimsuit, towel, and sun protection.
- Buy sunscreen before you go, as it’s much more expensive at the shops in town.
- Some ATMs and credit card machines in town give you the choice to pay in euros, dollars, or pounds; euros, the currency used in Benalmádena, is recommended.
How to Get There
Benalmádena is in Malaga, midway between Torremolinos and Fuengirola. Air-conditioned trains run between Malaga and Benalmádena regularly. From the train station in Arroyo de la Miel, you can catch a bus or taxi to other parts of town.
When to Get There
With 325 days of sunshine per year, there isn’t a bad time to visit this warm Mediterranean shore. The period between March and May offers a sweet spot of warm weather and fewer crowds. August tends to be the busiest month.
Tivoli World Park
Tivoli World Park, the largest amusement park on Costa del Sol, is also one of Benalmádena’s most popular attractions, particularly with families. The park features more than 40 rides and attractions, as well as an excellent theater where live flamenco shows are staged. Highlights include a drop tower, go karts, and a haunted mansion.
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Benalmádena
No results found!
Things to do near Costa del Sol
- Things to do in Marbella
- Things to do in Andalucia
- Things to do in Northern Morocco
- Things to do in The Algarve
- Things to do in Benahavis
- Things to do in Malaga
- Things to do in Tarifa
- Things to do in Tetouan
- Things to do in Tangier
- Things to do in Murcia
- Things to do in Alentejo
- Things to do in Costa Blanca
- Things to do in Estremadura
- Things to do in Beiras
- Things to do in Atlantic Coast