United Center Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Home to the NBA’s Chicago Bulls and NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks teams, the United Center is a premier Midwest sports venue. With nearly 1 million square feet (92,903 square meters) of indoor space, it’s the largest arena in the US by size, with more than 20,000 seats. The center also plays host to a star-studded lineup of music concerts.
The best way to experience the United Center is by attending a Chicago Bulls basketball game or Chicago Blackhawks hockey game. The arena is a top choice for national music tours, with acoustics designed to amplify a cheering crowd. Many sightseeing tours of Chicago pass by the arena, and it can be seen from above on a helicopter tour. Check out statues of legends such as Michael Jordan, Bobby Hull, and Stan Mikita outside the arena.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Purchase tickets for sporting events well in advance, especially for championship games, as they routinely sell out.
- The United Center has a strict no re-entry policy.
- Outside food and beverages are not permitted, but there is a wide variety of dining options inside.
- Assisted listening devices and sign language interpreters are available free of charge.
- Purchase accessible seating tickets over the phone; wheelchair escorts can be arranged.
- The arena offers guided tours on some non-event days. Check the United Center website for details.
How to Get There
The United Center is on Madison Street on Chicago’s West Side and easily accessed by car. Multiple paid parking lots are available. If using public transit, take the CTA Green, Orange, Purple, or Brown lines to Madison station and transfer to the No. 20 Madison bus going west. On game days, the No. 19 United Center Express Bus runs every 10 to 30 minutes along Randolph Street, with connections at Union Station, Millennium Station, and Ogilvie Center.
Chicago’s West Side
Attending a game or concert at the United Center provides a great reason to explore Chicago's West Side—an area known for its ethnic diversity—which is off the radar of most tourists despite many worthy stops. While you're in the neighborhood, admire the Beaux Arts architecture of Union Station, check out colorful Mexican murals in Pilsen, or stroll among seasonal flora at the Garfield Park Conservatory.
Address: 901 West Madison Street, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
1 Tours and Activities to Experience United Center
Take in sweeping views of Chicago from the air during a scenic helicopter flight that offers a premier experience of the Windy City. This private 45-minute flight provides an aerial look at landmarks such as Millennium Park, Navy Park, and Wrigley Field. Ideal for a special occasion, this helicopter tour accommodates up to three people and includes the use of noise-cancelling headsets to hear the pilot clearly.
Taking safety measures
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What's the best way to experience United Center?
The best ways to experience United Center are:See all United Center experiences on Viator.
Things to do near Chicago
- Things to do in Illinois
- Things to do in Indianapolis
- Things to do in Detroit
- Things to do in Cleveland
- Things to do in Nashville
- Things to do in Duluth
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Kansas City
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Memphis
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Indiana
- Things to do in Michigan