Top Central Valley White Water Rafting
28 results | All Central Valley Tours
* A traveler said: "I guess we got lucky and chose the best company to do the rafting on Pacuare river! We only booked at 8pm the day before and still everything went perfectly the next morning! We had a private tour with two guides which was awesome! The guides Michael and Eduardo were super cool and funny dudes which made the day even better! They prepared delicious burritos for lunch and were extremely professional with their skills on the river - impressive! The nature was stunning and we wished we had the time to do the 2 or 3 day trip! Absolutely would recommend booking with them since their company is smaller and more personal. Thank you Michael for the great company and Eduardo for taking great videos for us! See you next time!"
* A traveler said: "This smaller, family-owned company was awesome! We were two families with a range of rafting experience and we decided to do the full day Class III/IV. David, Stanley, and Tonio (two of whom grew up on the Sarapiqui) were our guides and they were fantastic! i can't recommend them highly enough."
* A traveler said: "The guide was super experienced and funny. The trip was such a nice adventure in many different ways. The nature was beautiful and the animals were fascinating to watch. Of course the river rafting itself was very exciting and fun."
* A traveler said: "The staff is so friendly and helpful. They ensure not only your safety but that you enjoy and have a good time. My only comment is that we booked this with white water rafting and the tour said it was a total of 5 hours long for both. The water rappelling was 2 hours and then there was another company we got dropped off at for the white water rafting. There we waited for 15 mins in wet clothes and then it was another 45 min drive to the river in our wet clothes. We had a spare change of clothes but did not want to change as we were going to get wet again and would not have any dry clothes. The white water rafting was about 4.5 hours long. In total between the water rappelling and white water rafting it was about 7 hours long. If you decide to do this exact tour, the rapids water is very cold. I suggest bringing a long sleeve water top to keep you warm and 2 changes of clothes. Also bring water shoes as they will get soaked. If you bring a GoPro make sure to ask for the helmet that has the GoPro adapter for both the water rappelling and at the white water rafting be sure to ask for the helmet BEFORE you drive to the river or bring a chest strap for the GoPro as the water is very rough. If you do not have a GoPro, they do take pictures for both activities and you can pay for the pictures in a package. Bring cash to pay for the pictures $30 per company. I cannot emphasize how great the staff is and how hard they work. We would have loved to tip them but no one told us to bring cash. I am very happy we did this tour. The staff is exceptional and Costa Rica is so beautiful 🤩"
* A traveler said: "The experience in the life, the people, the food, the river it’s amazing, I would repeat one more time."
* A traveler said: "My guide was Chico. He was very friendly and informative. He was great with instructions in the raft and he knew the river very well. It was a fantastic time and the scenery was beautiful too. Don't miss a chance to do this!"
* A traveler said: "We were actually taken to Pacuare River since Reventazon was too dry for rafting. We had a blast all day long. The guides were very good, extremely friendly and funny and the experience was amazing. Would do again. Highly recommended!! A"
* A traveler said: "Roy was fantastic on the float Safari and found many creatures that we would have missed. He spoke fantastic English and was an incredible guide for the day. He made it fun and interesting. He is a great guide and you should be proud to have him."
* A traveler said: "This rafting experience exceeded our expectations. Our guide, Brian, raised the level of fun with his enthusiasm and expertise. We did a super scenic Class II-III stretch of the Sarapiqui River, had an enjoyable break with refreshing fruit, and a great Costa Rican lunch afterwards."
* A traveler said: "Loved it. David and his team were friendly and professional, felt very safe even though the river is very dynamic. You’ll have a blast, you’re in good hands."
* A traveler said: "This was the perfect tour for a shorter day trip, but still full of excitement. The horseback riding was not your typical trail ride, lots of hills, tight trails and various landscapes. The whitewater rafting was thrilling, our guide truly made it fun and special! I would definitely do this tour again!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Rescate Animal Zooave
- Doka Estate
- Sarapiqui Canopy
- Kalambu Hot Springs Water Park
- Metallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)
- Children's Museum (Museo de los Ninos)
- Chirripó National Park
- Proyecto Asis Wildlife Rescue Center
- Los Laureles Hot Springs (Termales Los Laureles)
- National Museum (Museo Nacional)
- La Sabana Park
- Turu Ba Ri Tropical Park
- Venado Caves (Cavernas de Venado)
- La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Irazu Volcano National Park
- Gold Museum
- Plaza de la Cultura
- Jade Museum (Museo del Jade)
- Things to do in San Jose
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in Guanacaste and Northwest
- Things to do in La Fortuna de San Carlos
- Things to do in Monteverde
- Things to do in Puntarenas
- Things to do in Jaco
- Things to do in Quepos
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in Andes
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan