Top Central Valley Historical Tours
54 results | All Central Valley Tours
* A traveler said: "Alex the tour guide was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to be around! Fantastic tour! The food was declicious too!"
* A traveler said: "Sergio did an awesome job! I felt it was a great value for the $$ spent and a great way to spend a day in San Jose."
* A traveler said: "Gabo was great! Very knowledgeable and friendly, and even took the time out of his evening to escort another couple to an extra location after the end of the official tour."
* A traveler said: "A very nice tour. Our guide was friendly, and on time. It is really nice up there on the volcano. The airport drop off was also very convenient."
* A traveler said: "Our host Fernando moss was exceptional ! He was very knowledgeable and friendly he treated us very well and made accommodations for myself and my friends. This tour was way more than we expected and highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "It was a great history learning experience to get to know San Jose. Lorena is very friendly a d for me snacks during the tour and provided great city sightseeing advice too. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "We have a very pleasant city tour with Ama this week. He was extremely friendly, funny, knowledgeable and very well versed on history on every corner. Stopped to have local ice cream unique to San Jose, and really enjoyed the history coffee shop Don Juanito. His special ability to animate the narrative made the tour a wonderful morning and early afternoon."
* A traveler said: "Wow, we loved this tour. Our guide, Ivannia, was wonderful. She was very knowledgeable and friendly. The tour was much more comprehensive than we expected it to be, as we got to see some of the main buildings in downtown San Jose as well as going through Central Market and sampling some of the food and drinks. I highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "The tour of downtown San José was enhanced with local music by a charming gentleman named Sergio. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour and learned a lot about San José and Costa Rican history. I highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "Malo was my guide and he was not only a lot of fun, but very knowledgeable. We ended the tour at an amazing coffee shop (which unfortunately I can’t remember the name of) and they explained their coffee process. The coffee was delicate and floral with hints of blueberries. A perfect end to a wonderful tour."
* A traveler said: "Very complete tour where you get a taste of everything. Irazu is a must do in Costa Rica. Highly recommended!"
* A traveler said: "My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this experience! Maria was a great tour guide who was very knowledgeable. Even with the clouds, the volcano experience was a cool and unforgettable one."
* A traveler said: "My sister and I appreciated both all that we learned about the practices at the Eco farm and the interaction with the lovely, dedicated farming family."
* A traveler said: "My tour guides was very knowledgeable of San Jose. I got to learn more about the country's and city's history. It was a pleasant experience to see the see city. They took me to a "no frill" restaurant that specializes in authentic Costa Rican cuisine. It better than food from the restaurant in the hotel I stayed at."
* A traveler said: "Had a great time out with Amy. Great food and drinks and we learned a lot about the city. Overall great experience. Thanks Amy."
* A traveler said: "First of all this is a very long day. You will be traveling in a small minibus, and it tends to be cramped. That being said, it was still a wonderful trip. After breakfast we passed a river filled with crocodiles, part of the many variety of animals we were able to see. The park is massive and it's a lot walking. Dress comfortably, and prepare yourself with both hiking and beach clothes. We didnt see any sloths, however we did see monkeys, birds, butterflies, and my personal favorite, the coati. On the way back we stopped at a lookout point overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Overall, it was a great day that I would recommend to anyone, however I wouldnt recommend to young children."
* A traveler said: "Excellent option if you want to truly feel part of the day-by-day life of San Jose and Escazú. Angel made us feel like we were visiting and hanging out with an old friend (a friend who knows history and culture!). So light and relaxing, and including delicious food and a marvelous cup of traditional coffee. Definitely worth it!"
* A traveler said: "Guide was very knowledgeable and considerate. She made arrangements with Uber to pick us up at our hotel."
* A traveler said: "We had a nice look around the city at night with the guide who have lots of knowledge about the city of San Jose...Nice dinner too!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Metallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)
- Jade Museum (Museo del Jade)
- Los Laureles Hot Springs (Termales Los Laureles)
- Gold Museum
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Irazu Volcano National Park
- Sarapiqui Canopy
- Turu Ba Ri Tropical Park
- Chirripó National Park
- Kalambu Hot Springs Water Park
- Doka Estate
- Braulio Carrillo National Park
- Yellow House (Casa Amarilla)
- National Museum (Museo Nacional)
- Plaza de la Cultura
- Proyecto Asis Wildlife Rescue Center
- Butterfly Conservatory
- Orosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi)
- Things to do in San Jose
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in Guanacaste and Northwest
- Things to do in La Fortuna de San Carlos
- Things to do in Monteverde
- Things to do in Puntarenas
- Things to do in Jaco
- Things to do in Quepos
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in Andes
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan