Top Central Highlands Walking Tours
68 results | All Central Highlands Tours
* A traveler said: "This was an improtu. Booked it the same day and Valerie accommodated me with a few hours. She was very friendly and informative about the culture and history of the city. She even gave me resturant options for dinner etc I would definitely recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "Galileo is a great guide, very friendly. The tour of the city is very calm and pleasant. I recommend a lot this tour"
* A traveler said: "Our guide was very knowledgeable about Antigua in many areas%0. Being a native of Antigua he knew a lot about the history, architecture, social structures, and culture. Though I’ve been to and he won’t many times I learned a lot more about the things I have seen for years."
* A traveler said: "I enjoyed my photowalk . Rudy catered the walk to my interests, he shared so many valuable photography tips and taught me some features of my camera phone that i didn't even know about! It's my first time in Antigua so, Rudy also shared a lot of interesting history, gave me a list things that I must see and do, places to eat and the best time to get great photos! As a bonus, Rudy took a couple GREAT photos of me with my phone :)"
* A traveler said: "Hands down the best activity we could have booked for ourselves. Jamila goes above and beyond when it comes to curating an amazing and delicious experience. We booked our tour during the first part of our trip which was great because it gave us a chance to check out other recommendations beyond the day's tour. An absolute must if you're a foodie and love supporting local businesses. Jamila is wonderful!"
* A traveler said: "Great tour and awesome tour guide! Diego was really knowledgeable about the history and made riding the atvs slot of fun even in the rain. Would recommend."
* A traveler said: "We traveled as a family with a small child, our guide Fidencio was wonderful. We got a private tour since we were the only one on this day. He has a lot of knowledge about the city, patiently answered all our questions, made us feel welcome and comfortable. We rode the public bus, ate delicious lunch at the central market like a local. Highly recommended. Thank you Fidencio for a great day!"
* A traveler said: "This is one of the best activities you can do in Guatemala. The company was Very professional and organized. Breathtaking views and very helpful staff. Bring lots of water, sun protection and a scarf for dust."
* A traveler said: "I was visiting Antigua for the first time and i wanted to get the most out of it. So I decided to hire a local guide and I’m glad I did! Diego Lee was my guide for the day and he did an amazing job! He took me all over the city and was very knowledgeable as he explained the history part of all the places he took me to. Highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "I had an amazing time! My tour guides were amazing. The whole experience was just awesome from the moment we got picked up to the moment we were dropped off.. I learned so much about my culture. Thank you so much!!!"
* A traveler said: "Great overview of the town. Much to see! It was an easy pace and packed with information. This was a jumping off tour to go explore on our own the next day. GREAT!!"
* A traveler said: "The guide was amazing we see all Antigua very helpful to teach all about that amazing city I recommend this tour to everybody . The city is beautiful and has a lot of historic .you feel like you are in 1 special place."
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour guide, very knowledgeable and patient with our group. We loved seeing so much of the history of Antigua"
* A traveler said: "The best way to see any city is on foot and this tour delivers ! The guide is knowledgeable and well versed in his city !do take the time to experience this city rich in history and culture"
* A traveler said: "What an amazing, authentic experience. I really enjoyed this tour. My wife an I really had a great time"
* A traveler said: "My friend and I had such an amazing time!!! Special thanks to our guide, Pedro, who was not only nice and friendly, but also very helpful about everything!!! He made our tour more memorable... :) Thank you!!"
* A traveler said: "The tour was excellent. We visited places that my brother, who has lived there for 25 years, hadn't seen before. The guide was knowledgeable and it was relaxing not to have to drive around and try to find our way to these different sites on our own."
* A traveler said: "Armando explained many things about the history of the area. We visited several churches and even got to see many of the floats used in the processions. He helped bring the city to life. After being there a few days and then taking the tour, we had many questions and with his ancestry and knowledge of the history, he knew all the answers. Great tour!"
* A traveler said: "Our guide, Winston, picked us up at our hotel right on time and informed us that it would be just myself and my husband for the day... Private tour! As the driver, Juan, drove to Antigua Guatemala, Winston told us about the city, the history of the Spanish conquest, terrible earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions since the 1500s. Antigua was beautiful and definitely the most crowded/tourist-driven although for a Saturday it didn't feel overly crowded. The Jade museum is a must and we had a lovely lunch at Tres Tiempo. After spending the first half of the day in Antigua we spent the afternoon visiting much smaller villages in the area for an authentic cultural experience. Visited a textile market, Chocolate museum, churches, monuments, all among views of the 3 volcanoes in the area. Unfortunately the cloud cover was a bit low so the views were a bit obstructed but you could get the since of how close the villages are to them. On the drive back to Guatemala City, Winston answered questions and played a personal CD of traditional Guatemalan music. Great experience!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- How to Get Around
- Bus Tours
- Car Tours
- Motorcycle Tours
- Tuk Tuk Tours
- Walking Tours
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Museum of Colonial Art (Museo de Arte Colonial)
- Relief Map (Mapa en Relieve)
- Lanquín Caves (Grutas de Lanquín)
- Las Capuchinas (Convento de Las Capuchinas)
- IRTRA Mundo Petapa
- La Aurora Zoo (Zoólogico la Aurora)
- Iglesia de Santo Domingo
- Plaza de la Constitución (Parque Central)
- Jade Factory and Museum (Jade Maya)
- Semuc Champey
- Palace of the Captains General (Palacio de los Capitanes Generales)
- Pacaya Volcano
- Mixco Viejo
- Antigua City Hall (Palacio del Ayuntamiento)
- Biotopo del Quetzal
- Catedral de Santiago (Antigua Cathedral)
- Santa Catalina Arch (Arco de Santa Catalina)
- Casa Santo Domingo (Monasterio de Santo Domingo)
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Oaxaca
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Guanacaste and Northwest
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Central Valley
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast