Mohammed V Square (Place Mohammed V)
Around the square are many of Casablanca’s most important administrative buildings, reflecting the resplendent Mauresque and Art Deco style architecture popularized during the French colonial period, as envisioned by French architect Henri Prost. Travelers may explore Mohammed V Square as part of a half-day, full-day or multi-day private or groups tours incorporating Casablanca’s most noteworthy attractions including tropical gardens and Hispanic-Muslim and Art Deco buildings from the 1920s.
Recent reviews from experiences in Casablanca
Things to Know Before You Go
- Suitable for solo travelers, couples, and families with small children (there is a children’s playground).
- Wear comfortable shoes because all the best sites are within walking distance.
- Remember sun protection and water for hydration.
How to Get There
Mohammed V Square is located directly south of the Ancienne Medina area of Casablanca and is reachable by taxi from the center. Expect about a 10-minute drive.
When to Get There
Casablanca can be quite hot year-round, though cool breezes come with the Canary Current off the Atlantic Ocean. In July are two of the city’s most outstanding events (Festival de Casablanca and the Feast of the Throne) or come during the spring for Ramadan to experience an array of cultural activities and festivals.
Refresh In the Park From Mohammed V Square, walk 328 yards (300 meters) south to Arab League Park, the largest green space in ??Casablanca. This gorgeous park, with its welcoming arcades and shaded terraces, is a lovely place for a stroll to beat the heat. The faithful from the nearby mosque come here to meditate, while families enjoy the children’s playground. Follow the palm-fronded avenue to the gorgeous pond filled with water lillies.
- Things to do in Atlantic Coast
- Things to do in Rabat
- Things to do in Marrakech
- Things to do in Fez
- Things to do in Chefchaouen
- Things to do in Tangier
- Things to do in Ouarzazate
- Things to do in Tetouan
- Things to do in Essaouira
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Malaga
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Central Morocco
- Things to do in Northern Morocco