Salsa Dancing Experiences in Cali
Colombia’s third-largest city, Cali is also renowned as a salsa-dancing capital. There are numerous ways to immerse yourself in its lively salsa culture: take a dance class, attend a high-energy dinner-show, follow locals to the salsa bars that line Sixth Avenue, and more. Here’s how to bust a move during your next Cali trip.
- Make a pilgrimage to Cali—often called the salsa capital of the world—to learn all about the dance’s origins.
- Watch a talented salsa troupe perform as you dine on traditional Colombian dishes.
- Take inspiration from the professionals, and head to the dance floor to practice your own salsa steps.
- Discover the city's stylish salsa bars on a tour that includes buzzing Sixth Avenue.
- See dancers perform salsa numbers—as well as bachata and merengue dances—in a high-energy dinner show.
- Combine a Cali tour with an introductory dance class, and discover what makes the city’s brand of salsa unique.