Esquina Carlos Gardel
In order to secure a seat in the glamorous theater, book your show ticket in advance. Options range from show-only admission tickets to VIP packages that include a three-course dinner, unlimited alcoholic drinks from the bar, and your own individual table. Tiered seating inside the theatre means that regardless of which package you pick, you’ll enjoy good views of the performance, which usually encompasses up to 25 dancers, singers, and musicians.
Things to know before you go
- Show packages for Esquina Carlos Gardel typically include hotel pickup and drop-off in Buenos Aires.
- The dress code for the venue is smart-casual, but you won't look amiss if you want to adorn a formal gown or suit.
- Esquina Carlos Gardel is wheelchair- and stroller-accessible.
How to get there
Esquina Carlos Gardel is located in the Barrio de Abasto, an off-the-beaten-path neighborhood that’s also home to the Abasto Shopping Center. The easiest way to reach Esquina Carlos Gardel is by taking subway line B to Carlos Gardel station, from which the theater is a 1-minute walk.
When to get there
In Buenos Aires, things happen much later. Dinner service Esquina Carlos Gardel generally begins midway through the evening, while tango performances start a couple of hours later in the late evening.
Learn More about Argentina’s Tango Legacy
If you want to delve deeper into the dramatic heritage of tango, head to the World Tango Museum (Museo Mundial del Tango), which also houses the National Academy of Tango. Through multimedia exhibits, the museum traces the history of tango from 1850 until the present, and includes a photography gallery of major tango artists.
- Barrio de Abasto
- Catulo Tango
- La Bomba de Tiempo
- Café de los Angelitos
- Buenos Aires Eco-Park
- Barrio Norte
- Old Palermo (Palermo Viejo)
- Recoleta Cemetery (Cemiterio de Recoleta)
- Buenos Aires Botanical Garden (Jardin Botanico Carlos Thays)
- Barolo Palace (Palacio Barolo)
- National Library
- Jewish Museum of Buenos Aires (El Museo Judío de Buenos Aires )
- Plaza de Mayo
- Basílica de Nuestra Señora del Pilar