Kunsthalle Budapest Tours and Activities
Budapest’s Kunsthalle is a palace of contemporary artwork, dating back to the 19th century. The eclectic, neoclassical style structure houses mostly temporary exhibits. Sculpture and painting are highly featured, rotating both the best in Hungarian and international contemporary works.
The hall was originally established as a part of Hungary’s Millennial celebrations. it continues to be an important cultural and artistic hub for the city. Modeled on the pattern of Germany’s Kunsthalles, the galleries serve both to showcase and inspire the artists of today. Both emerging and established artists are displayed side-by-side, in five to six major exhibitions each year. No matter who’s on display, trends in contemporary art can be experienced with any visit.
Its interior is well lit by natural light from large windows, offset by stately columns. Special events also take place regularly, hosting both the Hungarian National Philharmonic and The Budapest Festival Orchestra.
Tours and Activities to Experience Kunsthalle Budapest
Frequently Asked Questions
- Budapest Card
- Budapest Private 4 Hour City Tour Experience with a car / van
- Budapest Walking Tour with Your Private Guide: 20+ Highlights
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Timisoara
- Things to do in Graz
- Things to do in Krakow
- Things to do in Zagreb
- Things to do in Belgrade
- Things to do in Cluj-Napoca
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Western Romania
- Things to do in Upper Austria