Budapest Pinball Museum
Whether you’re a hard-core fan of pinball or just looking for a touch of nostalgia, the centrally located Budapest Pinball Museum is an entertaining place to spend a few hours. Learn about the history of pinball on a guided tour (contact the museum in advance)—or just play. To save time at the entrance, buy your ticket online in advance.
Things to Know Before You Go
With your museum ticket, you can come and go as you please, and play as many games as you like.
If you’re buying your ticket at the museum, take cash—the museum doesn’t accept credit cards.
The museum isn’t easily wheelchair-accessible, as it’s located in the basement of a century-old house.
The museum offers free Wi-Fi.
How to Get There
The easiest way to get to the Budapest Pinball Museum is by public transit. Take the M3 line to the Nyugati pályaudvar stop, or the 4 or 6 tram to Jászai Mari tér. If you’re arriving in Budapest by train, the museum is a short walk from the Budapest-Nyugati station. Some hop-on hop-off bus tours stop a few blocks from the museum.
When to Get There
The Budapest Pinball Museum is open Wednesday through Friday from 4pm to 12am, Saturday from 2pm to 12am, and Sunday from 10am to 10pm. It’s busiest on Saturday—go earlier in the week to have your run of the place.
Exploring Margaret Island (Margitsziget)
Just a short walk from the Budapest Pinball Museum, you’ll find one of the city’s most celebrated green spaces, Margaret Island. Cross Margaret Bridge to the park, then stroll the leafy walkways, stop by the Japanese garden, and explore the 13th-century ruins of a Franciscan church. Music buffs shouldn’t miss the free summer concerts, and families will enjoy the park’s small zoo.
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Timisoara
- Things to do in Graz
- Things to do in Krakow
- Things to do in Zagreb
- Things to do in Belgrade
- Things to do in Cluj-Napoca
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Western Romania
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- House of Hungarian Art Nouveau (Magyar Szecesszió Háza)
- House of Parliament (Országház)
- Margaret Island (Margit-Sziget)
- Liszt Ferenc Square (Liszt Ferenc Tér)
- Chocolate Museum (Csokoládé Múzeum)
- House of Terror Museum (Terror Háza Múzeum)
- Budapest Liberty Square (Szabadság Tér)
- Hungarian State Opera House (Magyar Állami Operaház)
- Lukács Thermal Bath (Szent Lukács Gyógyfürdo)
- Robert Capa Contemporary Photography Center
- 3D Gallery Budapest
- St. Stephen’s Basilica (Szent István Bazilika)
- Budapest Danube River
- Andrássy Avenue (Andrássy Út)