Dyker Heights Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Dyker Heights is a tree-lined family neighborhood located in southwest Brooklyn. The picturesque community began as a luxury housing development at the end of the 19th century. For visitors, Christmastime here is something special, as locals put up colorful lights and decorations that draw visitors from all five boroughs and beyond.
Located between Bay Ridge and Bensonhurst, Dyker Heights is known as a great place to raise a family. In winter months, visitors enjoy over-the-top Christmas-light displays adorning the neighborhood’s historical homes. Consider booking a guided tour to see all of the most festive houses. Tours often provide transportation to and from Manhattan—crossing one of Brooklyn’s lovely bridges—so you can avoid spotty weekend subway service and simply enjoy the views.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Dyker Heights is great for families with kids, especially during the festive holiday season.
- Dyker Heights has only one subway line, so make sure service is running on schedule before you venture out.
- Winter in New York City can be very cold and windy, so wear warm layers.
- Bring a camera, since you’ll want to snap photos of the festively decorated trees and homes around the holidays.
How to Get There
To access Dyker Heights, take the subway’s R train to 77th, 86th, or 95th Street station on Bay Ridge Avenue. If driving from Manhattan or Queens, take the Gowanus Expressway; from Long Island and eastern Brooklyn, take the Belt Parkway. Alternatively, consider booking a car-share service—there are many available in Brooklyn offering reasonably priced rides around the borough.
When to Get There
To enjoy the Christmas displays, visit any evening between mid-November and the New Year. For a round of golf—or a stroll to the shops and restaurants on 13th Avenue—plan to visit during the warmer months.
Golfing in Dyker Heights
In spring and summer, the Dyker Beach Golf Course is a great place to play a round. With views of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, the course provides a unique vantage point on the city as you play 18 holes. After a day on the green, enjoy a drink and a burger at the course’s full-service bar.
Address: Brooklyn, New York 11228, USA
1 Tours and Activities to Experience Dyker Heights
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What's the best way to experience Dyker Heights?
The best ways to experience Dyker Heights are:See all Dyker Heights experiences on Viator.
Things to do near Brooklyn
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in New Haven
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Amboseli National Park
- Things to do in Baltimore
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in New Jersey
- Things to do in Connecticut