South Bank Tours
Read MoreShow Less
South Bank, as its name suggests, is located on the southern banks of the Brisbane River in Queensland’s capital city. Covering 42 acres (17 hectares), South Bank is home to lush parklands, restaurants, cafés, and bars, as well as boardwalks and promenades along the riverside that are popular with joggers and cyclists.
This riverfront zone is one of Brisbane’s best places for a relaxing day out. Features include a Grand Arbour covered in flowering bougainvillea, the Nepal Peace Pagoda, the open-air amphitheater of the Courier Mail Piazza, and many retail spaces. However, the most popular South Bank attraction is the Wheel of Brisbane, a giant Ferris wheel that offers expansive views over the city. Most sightseeing tours around Brisbane include a stop at South Bank, but one of the best ways to see it is from the water on a Brisbane River cruise.
Things to Know Before You Go
- South Bank is one of the city’s most energetic districts, perfect for families and foodies.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes, as South Bank covers a large area.
- South Bank is an accessible precinct with wheelchair-accessible parking and restrooms.
How to Get There
South Bank is connected to Brisbane’s city center by Victoria Bridge. Goodwill Bridge to the south also offers access for pedestrians and cyclists. To get there by public transportation, take the train to South Bank Station or the Brisbane Busway to South Bank Busway Station.
When to Get There
The South Bank Parklands are open daily from 5am to midnight, but individual businesses keep their own hours. Plan to visit South Bank around lunch or dinner for a meal at one of the many area restaurants.
Swimming at South Bank
Brisbane enjoys warm weather throughout the year, and South Bank offers the perfect place to cool off. A white sand beach, swimming pool, and water play park are free to use and open year round.
Address: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
0 Tours and Activities to Experience South Bank
No results found!
Things to do near Brisbane
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Rainbow Beach
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Tasmania