Two days provides time for sightseeing in the historic center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and exploring the surrounding wine regions. Here’s how to spend the perfect two days in Bordeaux.
Porte Cailhau is located on Place du Palais in central historic Bordeaux. It can by reached by public transit from Place du Palais tram station on line A and Porte de Bourgogne on line C; although it is not advised to get to the historic center of Bordeaux by car, there is paid underground parking at Bourse-Jean Jaurès. The entrance is on Quai du Maréchal Lyautey. The small exhibition is open daily (except January 1st) from 10am to 12pm, and from 1pm to 6pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Porte Cailhau?
What else should I know about attractions in Bordeaux?
- Porte de Bourgogne
- Place de la Bourse (Place Royale)
- Pont de Pierre
- Port of Bordeaux
- Grosse Cloche
- Basilica of St. Michael (Basilique St. Michel)
- Rue Sainte-Catherine
- Museum of Aquitaine (Musée d'Aquitaine)
- Quai Louis XVIII
- Grand Theatre
- Bordeaux Hôtel de Ville (Palais Rohan)
- Bordeaux Cathedral (Cathédrale St. André)
- Port of the Moon (Port de la Lune)
- Girondins Monument (Monument aux Girondins)
- Quinconces Square (Place des Quinconces)