Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii With Kids
Filled with kid-friendly activities such as snorkeling, ziplining, and exploring waterfalls, the Big Island of Hawaii is the perfect spot for a family vacation. Tours that include everything from transportation and gear to educational guides ensure that parents can enjoy activities with their kids—without having to worry about logistics.
- Explore the beaches, volcanoes, and waterfalls of Hawaii on a small-group tour that ensures individual attention for the kids.
- Discover the underwater world on a snorkeling excursion or—if the kids aren’t up to snorkeling—choose a submarine tour that lets you see stunning marine life without having to swim.
- Get a view of the picturesque coastline on a sunset cruise or sailing excursion.
- Give the kids the ride of a lifetime on a helicopter tour of the island’s active volcanoes and thundering waterfalls.
- If the family is ready for an adrenaline rush, embark on a zip lining tour through the island’s lush canopy.
- Experience Hawaii’s food and culture at a traditional luau that entertains the whole family with hula dancing, fire shows, and live music.
7 Tours and Activities
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii With Kids