Mauna Loa’s status as the largest active volcano in the world doesn’t stop travelers from flocking to the rugged mountain—in fact, it attracts them. With its last eruption occurring in 1984, the volcano is known for non-explosive activity, making it an inviting and worry-free destination to explore on scenic drives or backcountry trails.
Mauna Loa Tours
Should I book Mauna Loa tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Mauna Loa 2021?
What's the best way to experience Mauna Loa?
- Experience Hawai'i Big Island Helicopter Flight from Kona
- Big Island Air Tour by Cessna Plane
- Big Island Sunset Flight from Kona
Things to do near Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer