Chain of Craters Road
One of the most scenic roads on the Big Island, the Chain of Craters Road stretches for 19 miles (31 kilometers) from the summit of Kilauea Volcano to sea level, a change in elevation of 3,700 feet (1,128 meters). The drive offers stunning vistas across changing landscapes, access to different volcanic features, and other interesting sites.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What's the best way to experience Chain of Craters Road?
- Small Group Big Island Twilight Volcano and Stargazing Tour
- Kilauea Volcano Bike Tour
- Big Island - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Driving Tour
- Big Island Adventure Bundle: 5 Epic Audio Driving Tours
Things to do near Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer