Crown Liquor Saloon Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
Belfast locals have been socializing in this National Trust-owned pub since 1826. Built by skilled Italian craftsmen who were brought over to help construct Catholic churches, the bar retains its sumptuous original interior, with stained glass windows, carved wood, patterned tiles, decorative panels, and mosaics all over.
Crown Liquor Saloon—aka Crown Bar is a functioning bar, where many city breakers pop in for a drink in between bouts of shopping and sightseeing in Northern Ireland’s capital. Inside, visitors find cozy snugs (small seating areas partitioned off for privacy) in which to eat and drink, and an open bar area. Crown Bar takes reservations for a limited number of snugs, while the rest are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Crown Liquor Saloon is the ideal place to take a break from exploring the city.
- Vegetarian, vegan, and kids’ dining options are available.
- The Crown Liquor Saloon is wheelchair accessible.
- As is common in Irish and English pubs, patrons order at the bar downstairs, while table service is available in the upstairs dining room.
- Kids are allowed in the main bar during the day, provided they are in the company of an adult, and can dine in the upstairs area at night.
How to Get There
The Crown Liquor Saloon is located on Great Victoria Street in central Belfast, across the road from the historic Europa Hotel, which is said to be the most bombed hotel in Europe. The nearest train station is Great Victoria Street. It is just a 2-minute walk from the bar.
When to Get There
The Crown Liquor Saloon is open every day. The Belfast bar is busiest after dark, with Fridays, Saturday nights, and also the run-up to Christmas proving to be especially lively. Visitors wanting to avoid the crowds and secure a cozy snug should go earlier in the day.
What to See Inside the Bar
The interior of the Crown Liquor Saloon is nothing short of magnificent. Not only is it replete with ornate details and finishings, including marble, etchings, and wood carvings, but it also retains original features that hark back to a time long gone. Look out for the gunmetal plates that Victorian-era patrons once used for striking matches, as well as gas lamps overhead and a heated footrest under the red granite-topped bar.
Address: 46 Great Victoria Street, Belfast BT2 7BA, Northern Ireland
Hours: Open daily
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Crown Liquor Saloon
No results found!
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are Crown Liquor Saloon hours of operation?
Crown Liquor Saloon hours of operation: Open daily. Buy tickets in advance on Viator. If you book with Viator, you can cancel at least 24 hours before the start date of your tour for a full refund.
- Things to do in Dublin
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Westport
- Things to do in Galway
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Limerick
- Things to do in Shannon
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in North East England