The Legend of Kung Fu Show
Two performances are staged daily, and while the 80-minute production contains no dialogue, a screen above the stage tells the story with English subtitles to help foreign visitors follow along. The show is popular with both international and domestic tourists and is often included in package tours that also feature a Peking duck dinner or an afternoon visit to Pearl Market (Hongqiao Market) or the Temple of Heaven.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Chinese kung fu and acrobatic show is a must for performing-arts enthusiasts.
MostLegend of Kung Fu Show tours include hotel pickup and drop-off in Beijing.
Book yourLegend of Kung Fu Show tickets ahead of time, as they often sell out.
How to Get There
The easiest way to reach the Red Theatre is by taking subway Line 5 to Tiantandongmen Station, situated near the east entrance to the Temple of Heaven. Taxis can sometimes be difficult to find near the theater.
When to Get There
There are two shows nightly at Beijing’s Red Theatre. Be sure to arrive a few minutes early to find your seat.
Legend of Kung Fu Show Performers
This popular kung fu show is a hit largely due to the skill of the performers. China’s leading performing arts production company scouts for the best martial artists and dancers from around the country. The average age of the performers is only 17—a testament to their incredible talent.
- Things to do in Northern China
- Things to do in Tianjin
- Things to do in Datong
- Things to do in Shenyang
- Things to do in Jinan
- Things to do in Pingyao
- Things to do in Qufu
- Things to do in Xian
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Eastern China
- Things to do in Northwest China
- Things to do in Taiyuan
- Things to do in Okinawa
- Things to do in Fukuoka Prefecture
- Pearl Market (Hongqiao Market)
- Hall of Prayer for Good Harvest
- Imperial Vault of Heaven
- Beijing High-Speed Train (Beijing Bullet Train)
- Temple of Heaven (Tiantan)
- Marco Polo Bridge (Lugou Qiao)
- New Silk Alley Market (Xiu Shui)
- Qianmen Street
- Wangfujing Street (Wangfujing Dajie)
- National Museum of China (NAMOC)
- Chairman Mao Memorial Hall (Maozhuxi Jinian Tang)
- Monument to the People’s Heroes
- Donghuamen Night Market
- Shijia Hutong Museum
- China World Trade Center (Guomao)