Top Bay of Islands Helicopter Tours
Saved to wishlist!
Read MoreShow Less
With its serpentine coastline and turquoise coves, the Bay of Islands in New Zealand’s Northland beckons adventurous travelers seeking paradise. If you don’t have time to explore the area by sailboat, consider a helicopter ride to view it all from above. Here’s what you need to know.
- Explore the Bay of Islands from a unique perspective on a scenic helicopter tour that takes you above subtropical Northland’s rugged coast.
- Start from Kerikeri Airport or from a helipad in Paihia, located about a 3-hour drive north from Auckland.
- Soar above the ancient kauri trees of the Waipoua Forest, and gaze out over white-sand beaches en route to Cape Brett.
- Learn about the historic townships of Russell and Waitangi with commentary from the pilot.
- Options include a helicopter landing at the Hole in the Rock and a walk with a Maori guide, or combine a Bay of Islands aerial tour with a boat cruise to Roberton Island (Motuarohia) for a hike or snorkel at Cook’s Cove.
- Maximize your visit in a minimal amount of time, with guaranteed on-time return for cruise ship passengers.
1 result | All Bay of Islands Tours
Sort by: Featured
Discover the Bay of Islands by helicopter, with an optional landing at the Hole in the Rock. See Cape Brett from above during an aerial tour from Paihia, narrated by a professional pilot. Fly over Russell and Waitangi en route to the Hole in the Rock. Upgrade to land atop the iconic natural landmark, with an optional walk led by a Maori guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Helicopter Tours in Bay of Islands are taking additional safety precautions?
These Bay of Islands experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Helicopter Tours in Bay of Islands are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Bay of Islands may have limited interaction with crowds: