Top Basque Country Wine Tastings
89 results | All Basque Country Tours
* A traveler said: "We loved our Rioja day tour with Experience San Sebastian and our guide, Alex. Alex was very friendly and knowledgeable about Rioja and the Basque Country. The wineries he chose and took us to were excellent and their views were almost as good as their wine!! We especially enjoyed our lunch trip in the medieval city of La Guardia. The restaurant Alex chose was one of the best meals of our trip to the Iberian Peninsula."
* A traveler said: "Andoni was very knowledgeable about Rioja wine and gave us a detailed history and characteristics of the wine we were going to drink at 4 vineyards. The vineyard taste rooms were beautiful and lunch was amazing. He has a large van and it was a relaxing ride. Would highly recommend Andoni for any tour in San Sabastian and Rioja."
* A traveler said: "On time pick-up. Private tour with only our party. Competent and friendly tour guide. Interesting and informative tours at the wineries by their personnel. Tasting of top shelf wines. Ample time without being rushed through. No sales pitch. definitively worth the money."
* A traveler said: "We had a very good time on the tour. There were only four of us so the guide was able to give personal time to all. The town of Laguarida was wonderful to explore."
* A traveler said: "Irene was a wonderful and very knowledgeable host. We had a great evening in the streets of Old Bilbao."
* A traveler said: "The tour was superb. Irene led us on a delicious journey across Bilbao. The food and wine was excellent. She was so interesting and informative. I would thoroughly recommend her tour."
* A traveler said: "We absolutely loved the tour with Claudia, she was so knowledgeable and was great fun! We learnt so much and have a great time! I highly recommended doing this if you visit San Sebastián, it’s a must :)"
* A traveler said: "We went on a private tour with Ander to 3 different locations and with 3course lunsj at the 4th. The winerys were great,but most of all it was Anders knowledge about the winerys, and San Sebastian in general that made our day. We highly recomend a trip with him. It was absolutely one of our best days of our holiday."
* A traveler said: "Laris did a great job of making history come alive in this historic section of town. His enthusiasm was catching and he was well prepared to do the tour in English or Spanish as he knows four languages! You could see his heart for history and culture."
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide was very nice and helpful. She drove us around the city and told us about it while making sure the car temperature was comfortable. She walked us through the city and showed us beautiful views and explained the history - in English. The winery was beautiful, and the owner gave us a personal tour while our tour guide translated. We greatly enjoyed this personal experience and can not wait to do it again. It is well worth the price and more."
* A traveler said: "Both the tour and our guide, Fernando, were great. Knowledgeable and friendly making sure we had a great time. Bring a sweater for the cellar tour even in August."
* A traveler said: "Fabulous fun and delicious - Adria created a memorable evening introducing me to bilbao's Pinxto scene. I discovered small neighbourhood places filled with unique pinxto and mingled with local people while hearing about some of the history of the city. Highly recommend Adria's tour!"
* A traveler said: "This was a great day. I didn't know much about Gaztelugatxe, but it was beautiful. The walk to the chapel and back can be a bit of a challenge if you're only on so so shape, but soooooo worth it. After seeing Gaztelugatxe, we headed to Bilbao. We saw a few city sites then headed to lunch. Unfortunately, it started pouring down rain, but we all made the most of it. Lunch was great, and even better that it was included in the price. The Guggenheim was quite a site to see. My only recommendation for the company would be to clean up the car a bit, as first impressions are important, however our guide was great and the small group was just my family of 4, plus 1 more. I looked at other tours that went to Bilbao and toured the Guggenheim and the others were twice as much. This is a great tour and awesome value."
* A traveler said: "Worth the time. Worth the money. And lots of fun. Should be more aptly called a cooking demonstration rather than a cooking class. We watched Chef Nick prepare 7 different dishes and enjoyed tasting them all. Good opportunity to learn specific techniques on preparing a diverse set of local foods. Conducted in the working kitchen of a local restaurant. Really well done and organized. Highly recommend doing this while in town!"
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour!!! Our guide was John Jon, he was a very nice fellow. Wineries were beautiful, with the fall colour change. We enjoyed all the ones we have visited. The lunch picnic at Laguardia was outstanding. The building is very nice. Overall it is a tour that all wine lovers should take. Thanks you to both Jons!!!!!"
* A traveler said: "Sam had fabulous English and was very knowledgeable about Bilbao and Basque history. We were very lucky as tourism had not yet picked up so we had Sam all to ourselves for the tour. He was very easy to talk to and he brought the City to life for us. Very interesting 3 hours with him."
* A traveler said: "This was a great wine tour! We visited Marques de Riscal and a family owned vineyard with our guide Zak. He is well informed and we had a great day all in all! Thank you Zak!"
* A traveler said: "It was a great tour with a knowledgeable guide. He not only showed us the listed destinations but also drive us to some additional photo stops and recommended some places for lunch."
* A traveler said: "My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this dining experience. Our guy, HECTOR, was fabulous. He chose the right restaurants and flavored our experience with a great deal of interesting history. We highly recommend this fun and delicious experience! Tim"
* A traveler said: "Mikel was fantastic - so interesting to converse with and extremely knowledgeable not only about providing facts about the region and the vineyards, but just life in general. It was like traveling with a dear friend! We enjoyed every minute and highly recommend!!"
* A traveler said: "My fiancée and I took the Pintxos Food Tour while we were in San Sebastián and had Ania as our tour guide. She was such a knowledgeable and entertaining host for all of us that we felt we knew her forever. She taught us not just about the food of Basque Country, but how to order, words to use in Basque, which types of foods, drinks and desserts are best at each place, and the history behind it all. We couldn’t have asked for a better way to spend the afternoon in San Sebastián. We feel like Pintxos bar regulars now!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Dining Experiences
- Food & Drink Classes
- Food Tours
- Culinary & Gourmet Tour
- Street Food Tours
- Wine Tastings
- Wine, Beer & Spirits
- Pub Tours
- Wine Tastings
- Wine Tours
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Basque Museum (Museo Vasco de Bilbao)
- Ondarreta Beach (Playa de Ondarreta)
- San Vicente Martír de Abando Church (Parroquia de San Vicente Martir de Abando)
- San Telmo Museum (STM)
- Euskadi Biodiversity Centre
- Monte Urgull
- Bilbao Fine Arts Museum (Museo de Bellas Artes de Bilbao)
- Castle of Charles V (Parador de Hondarribia)
- Loizaga Tower (Torre Loizaga)
- Oma Forest (Bosque de Oma)
- La Concha Beach (Playa de la Concha)
- Zubizuri Bridge
- Santimamiñe Cave (Cueva de Santimamiñe)
- Azkuna Zentroa
- Sopelana Beach (Playa de Sopelana)
- Sanctuary of Arantzazu (Santuario de Aránzazu)
- Vizcaya Bridge (Puente de Vizcaya)
- Doña Casilda Iturrizar Park
- Things to do in Bilbao
- Things to do in San Sebastian
- Things to do in Aragón
- Things to do in Aquitaine
- Things to do in Castile and León
- Things to do in Santander
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Bordeaux
- Things to do in Segovia
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Midi-Pyrénées
- Things to do in Catalonia
- Things to do in Galicia
- Things to do in Languedoc-Roussillon
- Things to do in Loire Valley