Winter brings cooler (although rarely below freezing) temperatures to Barcelona along with blue skies and sunshine, making it a favorite escape this time of year. If you’re in the Catalan capital in winter, here are some ways to take advantage of the cold weather and holiday spirit.
- Join a local for a Christmas tour through the Old City, which is always adorned with festive holiday lights.
- Ring in the New Year with a flamenco show and New Year’s Eve party, complete with the local tradition of “lucky grapes.”
- Warm up with an interactive cooking class, where you’ll learn to prepare dishes like paella and Spanish tapas.
- Soak up the sounds of a Spanish guitar concert inside the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Palau de la Música.
- Buy a Barcelona Card, which offers free or discounted entry to more than 20 top attractions around the city.