Banglamphu Tours and Activities
The Banglamphu district of Bangkok is located to the east of Ko Rattanakosin. Amid its bustling wet markets and old-style shophouses, the Bangkok of yesteryear is still alive and well in certain parts of this region.
At the heart of the old-fashioned neighborhoods and bustling streets, a 24-meter tall structure, the Democracy Monument, dominates the busy Ratchadamnoen Klang Road. Built to commemorate Thailand's 1932 revolution that led to the establishment of a constitutional monarchy, this was also the spot where many Thais were killed protesting against a military coup in 1992.
The surrounding Banglamphu area, which is also awash with temples, is well-known for one famous street in particular. Despite the nearby backstreets retaining an authentically Thai feel, not too far away is the world-famous backpacker haunt, Khao San Road. This is home to a lively travelers’ scene, with a mass of budget accommodation, food and clothes stalls, and, of course, a range of bars and other nightlife spots.
Tours and Activities to Experience Banglamphu
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Hua Hin
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Koh Tao
- Things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Vientiane
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Northern Thailand