Many visitors would rather not self-drive and find it easier to visit Bedugul as part of a tour that also covers either North Bali or the central highlands, perhaps with a waterfall or two. The signature stop on a Bedugul tour is Pura Ulun Danu Bratan, a beautiful water temple in a spectacular setting. The Bali Botanic Garden also charms visitors, and the Bali Treetop Adventure Park is a popular choice for kids.
Things to Know Before You Go
The combination of strawberry farms and the Bali Treetop Adventure Park make Bedugul a great choice for a day out with kids.
Photographers love Bedugul for its rice terrace landscapes and reflecting waters.
Bedugul can get surprisingly cold. Bring a jacket and be prepared for rain, whatever the season.
The Bali Botanic Garden covers 388 acres (157 hectares), so allow time to explore.
How to Get There
Bedugul sits on the main road between Denpasar and Singaraja, about two hours north of Kuta. Perama shuttle buses connect Bedugul to Ubud, Kuta, Sanur, Lovina, Candidasa, and Padangbai. Travelers who wish to combine Bedugul with other North and Central Bali attractions often choose to book a tour or hire a driver.
When to Get There
Bedugul is best visited during the dry season (May to September). Pura Ulun Danu Bratan is a popular destination for Indonesian tour groups. Arrive early in the day to beat the crowds, and avoid weekends and public holidays.
Cool Climate Plants in Bedugul
Picking your own strawberries in the tropics might seem a little surreal, but Bedugul’s location in a highland valley creates great weather for strawberries, which vendors sell on the streets and at tourist attractions. The town also seems an odd location for a tropical garden; the Bali Botanic Garden was originally intended to grow conifers.
- Things to do in Ubud
- Things to do in Kuta
- Things to do in Seminyak
- Things to do in Nusa Dua
- Things to do in Jimbaran
- Things to do in East Java
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in Sabah
- Things to do in Banyuwangi
- Things to do in Jakarta
- Things to do in Kuching
- Things to do in Western Australia
- Things to do in Northern Territory
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Palawan
- Pasar Candi Kuning (Bedugul Market)
- Ulun Danu Beratan Temple (Pura Ulun Danu Bratan)
- Gitgit Waterfalls (Air Terjun Gitgit)
- Batukaru Temple (Pura Luhur Batukaru)
- Lake Beratan (Danau Bratan)
- Sekumpul Waterfall (Air Terjun Sekumpul)
- Aling-Aling Waterfalls (Air Terjun Aling-Aling)
- Tirta Gangga Water Garden (Taman Tirtagangga)
- Mt. Batukaru (Gunung Batukaru)
- Tegalalang Rice Terrace (Sawah Terasering Tegalalang)
- Tirta Empul Temple (Pura Tirta Empul)
- Bali Butterfly Park (Taman Kupu-Kupu Bali)