Bedugul Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
Set on the shores of Lake Beratan, the highland town of Bedugul is an essential stop for visitors who are en route to North Bali. Attractions include strawberry farms and markets, the Bali Botanic Garden, Bali Treetop Adventure Park, the Pura Ulun Danu Bratan temple, and an eerie abandoned hotel known as the “Ghost Palace.”
Many visitors would rather not self-drive and find it easier to visit Bedugul as part of a tour that also covers either North Bali or the central highlands, perhaps with a waterfall or two. The signature stop on a Bedugul tour is Pura Ulun Danu Bratan, a beautiful water temple in a spectacular setting. The Bali Botanic Garden also charms visitors, and the Bali Treetop Adventure Park is a popular choice for kids.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The combination of strawberry farms and the Bali Treetop Adventure Park make Bedugul a great choice for a day out with kids.
- Photographers love Bedugul for its rice terrace landscapes and reflecting waters.
- Bedugul can get surprisingly cold. Bring a jacket and be prepared for rain, whatever the season.
- The Bali Botanic Garden covers 388 acres (157 hectares), so allow time to explore.
How to Get There
Bedugul sits on the main road between Denpasar and Singaraja, about two hours north of Kuta. Perama shuttle buses connect Bedugul to Ubud, Kuta, Sanur, Lovina, Candidasa, and Padangbai. Travelers who wish to combine Bedugul with other North and Central Bali attractions often choose to book a tour or hire a driver.
When to Get There
Bedugul is best visited during the dry season (May to September). Pura Ulun Danu Bratan is a popular destination for Indonesian tour groups. Arrive early in the day to beat the crowds, and avoid weekends and public holidays.
Cool Climate Plants in Bedugul
Picking your own strawberries in the tropics might seem a little surreal, but Bedugul’s location in a highland valley creates great weather for strawberries, which vendors sell on the streets and at tourist attractions. The town also seems an odd location for a tropical garden; the Bali Botanic Garden was originally intended to grow conifers.
Address: Bedugul, Bali, Indonesia
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Bedugul
No results found!
Things to do near Bali
- Things to do in Ubud
- Things to do in Kuta
- Things to do in Seminyak
- Things to do in Nusa Dua
- Things to do in Jimbaran
- Things to do in East Java
- Things to do in Central Java
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in Banyuwangi
- Things to do in Lombok
- Things to do in Surabaya
- Things to do in Sabah
- Things to do in Western Australia
- Things to do in Northern Territory
- Things to do in Palawan