Roussillon Tours and Tickets
While Provence is more a state of mind than a place – you can't actually point to Provence on a map – the hilltop village of Roussillon is exactly what visitors think of when they say they want to visit Provence. Picturesque, compact, colorful and with astounding views of the countryside, this village in the Vaucluse couldn't be more charmingly Provençal if it tried.
The almost candy-like colors of the buildings come from the surrounding earth; Roussillon lies on one of the largest ocre deposits in the world and has prehistoric origins. After a stroll around the village, take the Giants' Causeway (Sentier des Ocres), a cliffside trail loop that features the bright orange sands and plenty of forest to explore.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Roussillon
- Senanque Abbey (Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque)
- Lavender Museum (Musee de la Lavande)
- Les Halles Market
- Palace of the Popes (Palais des Papes)
- Rocher des Doms
- Little Palace Museum (Musée du Petit Palais)
- Rhône River
- Avignon Cathedral (Cathedrale Notre-Dame des Doms)
- St. Benezet Bridge (Pont d'Avignon)
- Les Baux-de-Provence
- Montmajour Abbey (Abbaye de Montmajour)
- Church of St. Trophime (Eglise St-Trophime)