Stonyridge Vineyard specializes in making Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Cermenere, and Petit Verdot wines using traditional techniques. Visitors can sample and purchase wine, and dine at the cafe amid vines and olive trees. Stonyridge is a popular part of Waiheke Island’s social life, and puts on various functions and events throughout the year, but particularly in summer. Travelers can visit independently while visiting Waiheke Island, or on guided tours focusing on food and wine. Hop-on hop-off tours of Waiheke also often include a stop at Stonyridge.
Things to know before you go
*Sample olives at Stonyridge, as well as wine: the olive trees planted in 1982 are the oldest commercial olive grove in New Zealand. *The large yoga deck at Stonyridge can be hired by groups. *Large groups can also book Stonyridge for other events, such as parties, weddings, and vineyard tours.
How to get there
Waiheke is a 30-to-60-minute ferry ride from downtown Auckland, or a short charter flight away. It’s a popular day or overnight-trip destination, and many Waiheke residents commute to Auckland for work, so passenger ferries run regularly, and there are also some vehicle ferries. To reach Stonyridge from the ferry terminal, take a bus, taxi, or guided tour, or rent a car for your time on Waiheke.
When to get there
The café at Stonyridge is open for wine tastings and meals seven days a week, from 11.30am. Saturday evening DJ sessions are often held. Waiheke Island is a popular summer destination, especially during the school vacation between late December and late January. If visiting at that time, book accommodation well ahead of time.
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Waiheke Island
- Things to do in Tauranga
- Things to do in Rotorua
- Things to do in Tongariro National Park
- Things to do in Hastings
- Things to do in Wellington
- Things to do in Picton
- Things to do in Akaroa
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Wanaka
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Victoria
- Family Friendly
- The Lord of the Rings Tours
- 3 Days in Auckland: Suggested Itineraries
- Waitomo Caves Tours form Auckland
- Must-See Museums in Auckland
- Things to Do in Auckland with Kids
- Auckland Neighborhood Guide
- Don't-Miss Dishes in Auckland
- Where to Find the Best Views in Auckland
- First-Timer's Guide to Auckland
- Romantic Things to Do in Auckland