SunTrust Park Tours
Read MoreShow Less
SunTrust Park is Atlanta's baseball stadium and official home to the Atlanta Braves. Originally constructed as the Centennial Olympic Stadium for the 1996 Olympic Games, the park was then renamed Turner Field and converted to a 49,000-seat baseball stadium the following year. It has since been remodeled and is now known as SunTrust Park.
Stop by one of the park’s many food stands and sit-down restaurants for a bite to eat, or grab a pint at the Terrapin Taproom—one of the stadium’s most popular dining and drinking establishments. Families with kids can head to Hope & Will's Sandlot, a kid's zone with a rock-climbing wall, zipline, and carnival games. While most Atlanta residents and season ticket holders will tell you the best way to get to know the Braves’ home is to catch a game, it’s also possible to visit SunTrust Park on an Atlanta city tour or see it from above on a helicopter tour.
Things to Know Before You Go
- SunTrust Park is a must-see for sports fans.
- Free sunscreen stations can be found throughout the park.
- The park is fully accessible to wheelchairs and strollers, with accessible parking, elevators and escalators, courtesy rides, accessible seating, accessible restrooms, lowered concession counters and drinking fountains, and an accessible help center.
- Strollers are allowed in the park but must be folded under seats during a game.
How to Get There
SunTrust Park is located near the junction of Interstates 75 and 85 in Atlanta. The nearest MARTA (public transit) stop is 0.75 miles from the field.
When to Get There
Visit during baseball season to experience SunTrust Park during a game; to see some serious rivalry, head to the park to watch the Braves take on the New York Yankees.
The Battery Atlanta
The Battery Atlanta is a shopping, living, and entertainment complex located adjacent to SunTrust Park. Visitors can shop and dine at restaurants such as Terrapin, Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q, Wahlburgers, PBR Bar & Grill, Antico, Goldberg's Bagel Company & Deli, and Cru Food & Wine Bar.
Address: 55 Battery Avenue Southeast, Atlanta, Georgia 30339, USA
2 Tours and Activities to Experience SunTrust Park
Private and Luxury
For fans of the Atlanta Braves, get the ultimate view of the team’s home at SunTrust Park on a private helicopter ride that takes you soaring above the stadium and other downtown Atlanta attractions like the Cobb Galleria. With room for up to three passengers, the 15-minute flight is an affordable yet unforgettable way to fly high in Atlanta.
Private and Luxury
A thrilling experience packed with sightseeing, this Atlanta helicopter tour lets you fly above the skyscrapers, domes, and open spaces that compose the Atlanta skyline. Put on your audio headset so you can clearly hear the captain, and then zoom from Battery Park to the Dobbins Air Reserve Base, passing other sights such as Buckhead and the Mercedes-Benz Stadium along the way. Catch views and snap photos throughout the flight.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What's the best way to experience SunTrust Park?
Things to do near Atlanta
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in Chattanooga
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Gatlinburg
- Things to do in Montgomery
- Things to do in Nashville
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Panama City Beach
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Myrtle Beach
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Memphis
- Things to do in Alabama
- Things to do in Tennessee