In the middle of Midtown, Piedmont Park is where locals come to play, picnic, and commune with nature. Indeed, the park is a glorious, rambling urban park, filled with verdant lawns, rolling hillsides, and Lake Clara Meer – all set against the backdrop of the Midtown Atlanta skyline. The park also is the setting of many cultural and music festivals, as well as some superb people watching.
For the active, Piedmont Park has softball and soccer fields, tennis courts, a public swimming pool, and fantastic paths for jogging, skating, and biking. For leisure activities, there’s fishing on Lake Clara Meer, picnic tables and benches, and expansive lawns for lazing in the sun. The Atlanta Botanical Garden is also here. Children will have endless fun, as open, car-free spaces abound. Make sure they don’t miss PlayScape, at the 12th Street gate. The geometrically shaped, modernist playground includes a soaring swing set, slide, sand pit, climbing dome, and more made of bright and exciting colors.
Come Saturday for the Saturday Green Market, where you can browse locally grown produce, artisan cheeses, fresh-cut flowers, and arts and crafts.
What are Piedmont Park hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Piedmont Park?
- Atlanta Scavenger Hunt: Finding Peace in Piedmont Park
- Atlanta Highlights Private Tour
- Midtown Atlanta Small Group Walking Tour
Things to do near Atlanta
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Montgomery
- Things to do in Nashville
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Panama City Beach
- Things to do in Destin
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Jacksonville
- Things to do in Myrtle Beach
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Memphis
- Things to do in Alabama
- Things to do in Tennessee