Georgia Aquarium Tours
Read MoreShow Less
With 10 million gallons of water and more than 500 species of aquatic animals, the Georgia Aquarium is one of the largest aquariums in the United States. Thankfully, bite-sized exhibits help organize your trip and make it possible to see the best of the aquarium in one day.
General-admission tickets include access to seven galleries, including a dolphin show, a sea otter habitat, and a tank with manta rays and whale sharks. As an upgrade, specialty experiences such as a behind-the-scenes tour and Sleepover Under the Sea are big hits with kids. Because the Georgia Aquarium is one of the most popular activities in Atlanta, it’s best to arrive early and book your ticket in advance. You can also save money by visiting as part of a CityPASS, which includes general admission to the aquarium and other top area attractions such as the World of Coca-Cola, CNN Center, or Zoo Atlanta.
Things to Know Before You Go
- There’s a restaurant and restrooms on-site.
- Plan to spend roughly three to four hours visiting the aquarium.
- Active military personnel receive a discount with ID, plus free admission days.
- The aquarium is wheelchair accessible and provides experiences for guests with visual and hearing impairments.
How to Get There
The Georgia Aquarium is located by Centennial Olympic Park. You can get there by taking a MARTA bus, or by walking 10 to 15 minutes from any MARTA train line. If you’re driving, there are parking decks available for a fee.
When to Get There
The Georgia Aquarium is open 365 day a year. Hours change regularly with seasons and special events, so check the website for the most up-to-date information. No matter when you go, be sure to arrive early to avoid crowds.
Fauna to Fawn Over
Key animals to look out for at the aquarium include beluga whales, sea lions, African penguins, and a coral reef with tropical fish. Animal lovers should sign up for a guided Behind the Seas tour, which provides more insight into the marine life than you might get on your own.
Address: 225 Baker Street Downtown, Atlanta 30313, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Georgia Aquarium
No results found!
Things to do near Atlanta
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in Chattanooga
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Gatlinburg
- Things to do in Montgomery
- Things to do in Nashville
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Panama City Beach
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Myrtle Beach
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Memphis
- Things to do in Alabama
- Things to do in Tennessee